Third Mainland Bridge To Undergo Test, August 23 To 26

0
268
Akinwunmi Ambode
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode
Buy ebooks on health & fitness leaderboard banner.jpg

THE Lagos State Government has said that the Third Mainland Bridge will be temporarily shut down for from midnight of August 23 to midnight of August 26, 2018, for Investigative Maintenance Test to be carried out.

The State’s Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Mr Ade Akinsanya, in a statement on Sunday, appealed for the cooperation, support and understanding of all motorists and residents during the closure.

He said the decision for the four-day closure was reached after consultations with the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing.

The four-day closure, according to Akinsanya, will enable the contractors to assess the true state of the bridge after which works would commence by the end of the year or early in 2019.

ALSO READ: BREAKING: Fresh FM Off Air, As Ajimobi Demolishes Ayefele’s Music House

2016 Hot Business Ideas

He said that the Federal Government had earlier announced plans to shut the bridge in July, but postponed it in order to have a wider consultation with the state government and other relevant stakeholders to avert gridlock.

Akinsanya said: “The 3rd Mainland Bridge which was opened about 30 years ago by the then military government has had haphazard maintenance and repairs in the past which the present Federal Government is committed to correct by carrying out proper and continuous maintenance and repairs on it.”

The commissioner said that all traffic management agencies had been mandated to ensure smooth flow of traffic on all alternative routes across the metropolis to ensure a free flow of traffic.

Loading...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here