SENATOR Dino Melaye on Friday announced he has escaped from his abductors, eleven hours after he was allegedly kidnapped.
The lawmaker representing Kogi West was earlier reported to have been kidnapped on his way to court in Kogi on Thursday.
The Nigeria Police Force denied knowledge of the alleged kidnap of Dino Melaye.
Public Relations Officer of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command, Anjuguri Manza, told The Guardian yesterday that no official complaint had been filed on the matter.
The Nigeria Police Force has denied knowledge of the alleged kidnap of Dino Melaye.
Dino Melaye’s abduction was announced by Senator Ben Murray-Bruce (PDP, Bayelsa East) yesterday who tweeted: “I have just been informed by Moses Melaye, @dino_melaye’s brother, that Dino has been abducted by unknown persons in a Toyota Sienna that blocked their car and overpowered them on their way to Kogi to answer to Dino’s court case. Let’s be on the watch out. Will keep you updated.”
Also, Gideon Ayodele, media aide to Melaye, disclosed that armed men in a Sienna car attacked Melaye in Gwagwalada as he journeyed to Lokoja, adding that the senator’s whereabouts remain unknown.
The Kogi police command also said it was unaware of the issue.
“I thank God once again for escaping another dangerous attack,” Melaye said on Twitter on Friday.
“I also thank Nigerians for their prayers and show of Love. Spent 11 hours in the wilderness traumatized but God preserved me. God is the best and in whom only I trust. They will continue to try.” Dino Melaye said.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.