• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News

B’Haram Commander Arrested

by ReportersAtLarge
June 11, 2016
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Boko Haram
Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

THE Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps on Sunday said it had arrested a 56-year-old Boko Haram kingpin in the Aski Uba Local Government Area of Borno State.

The Commandant of the NSCDC in Borno State, Mr. Ibrahim Abdullahi, stated this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Maiduguri.

Abdullahi said the suspect was apprehended at Mussa village last week.

“Our men have made remarkable progress by arresting a Boko Haram kingpin.

“The notorious kingpin was said to be a recruiter as well as supplier of arms and IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices) to the Boko Haram terrorists.

RelatedPosts

Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

“He confessed that his three children were also arrowheads of the Boko Haram sect,’’ he said.

Abdullahi added that the command had since handed over the suspect to the Army for further investigation.

Meanwhile, the Federal Government has signed a tripartite agreement with the United Nations High Commission for Refugees and the Republic of Cameroon for the return of Nigerian refugees who had fled to Cameroon for safety and are currently taking refuge in the neighbouring country.

According to the government, Nigerian refugees in Cameroon are staying there voluntarily and in a dignified manner, adding that there are about 80,000 displaced Nigerians currently taking refuge the country.

The Director-General, National Emergency Management Agency, Sani Sidi, disclosed this when the African Union Humanitarian Mission, led by the Commissioner of Political Affairs, Dr. Aisha Abdullahi, visited the headquarters of NEMA in Abuja.

Sidi, in a statement by the agency’s Senior Information Officer, Mr. Sani Datti, on Sunday, stated that the Federal Government had been making efforts to cater for all the basic needs of the affected refugees.

He explained that the Federal Government as well as the governments of states affected by the insurgency, United Nations Organisations, International non-Governmental Organisations and some private sector players, had done a lot in the past four years to manage the large number of Internally Displaced Persons in the North-East.

“We have moved from the emergency response stage to recovery and resettlement of the IDPs,” he said.

Sidi urged the visiting commissioner to use her offices at the African Union to secure more assistance for the affected persons and the states.

Tags: Boko HaramBoko Haram CommanderCrimeCRISISInsecurityNigeriaterrorismWar
SendShare1TweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives
News

Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

by ReportersAtLarge
August 30, 2025
0

The Michael Kolawole Omotosho (MKO) Foundation has officially launched a series of empowerment initiatives designed to transform the lives of...

Read moreDetails
The Bible Society of Nigeria
News

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

by ReportersAtLarge
August 29, 2025
0

The Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN) has urged for inclusion of Nigerian youths in governance and policy making, saying their...

Read moreDetails
Seyi Makinde SAfER: From Poverty Alleviation To Wealth Creation
News

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

by ReportersAtLarge
August 28, 2025
0

This mischievous claim, made by an APC lawmaker who is notorious for not attending plenaries and echoed by his party...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Turkey's PM, Ahmet Davutoglu

Turkey Islam: PM Issues Secular Pledge On New Constitution

9 years ago
Ukrainian soldiers are facing some Russian soldiers on their borders

10 Latest Updates To Know As Russia-Ukraine War May End Soon

3 years ago

Popular News

  • Ace Mall CEO Yinka Afonja Bags Poly Eruwa Foundation Fellowship Award

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Ace Mall CEO Yinka Afonja Bags Poly Eruwa Foundation Fellowship Award August 30, 2025
  • Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives August 30, 2025
  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President August 29, 2025
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim August 28, 2025
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100% August 28, 2025
June 2016
SMTWTFS
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930 
« May   Jul »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights