• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Contractors Have Returned To FG Road Project Sites —Lai Mohammed

by ReportersAtLarge
June 13, 2016
in News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Alhaji Lai Mohammed on Dapchi girls

Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

NIGERIA’s Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Monday, in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, said contractors had resumed work in not less than five major Federal Government road projects.

The minister disclosed this at the South-South region town hall meeting hosted by his ministry to give account of stewardship of the Muhammadu Buhari-led administration to the people.

Mohammed specifically said Julius Berger and RCC had returned to the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, while the CGC had started work on the Bode Sadu-Jebba Road and the Abuja-Lokoja Road.

He said China Company, CCECC, had also been mobilised to the Kano-Maiduguri Road, while RCC again had resumed work at the Loko and Oweto Bridge linking Nasarawa and Benue.

The minister added that the Second Niger Bridge was in the 2016 budget and work was expected to start soon.

RelatedPosts

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

He noted that with the resumption of work at the sites, government had started putting Nigerians back to work, in fulfillment of its promise to create jobs.

He said “as contractors are mobilised back to various road construction projects across the country, building and ancillary workers are returning to work in droves. Let me list some of the road construction works that have now resumed.

“As more and more road construction works resume in the days ahead, thousands of Nigerians will also be returning to work.”

The minister said government had also commenced the process of recruiting and training 500,000 teachers, specifically targeting unemployed university graduates.

He said the online recruitment, through the portal, npower.gov.ng, came on stream at the weekend.

Mohammed said an agreement had been signed to reposition the River Basin Development Authorities within the next 18 to 24 months.

According to him, the agreement signed with the Songhai Farms of Benin Republic included training of unemployed youths in integrated farm practice.

“This programme is complimentary to the forthcoming Youth Agriculture Empowerment Programme being planned by Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.”

The minister assured that the process of every employment opportunity by the government would be made transparent.

On the economy, he said government was working to provide fresh, but conditional financial support for states, many of which have been finding it difficult to pay their workers’ salaries.

“This will be a follow-up to such support – call it bailout if you like – which the Federal Government gave to the states last year.

“This will go a long way in ensuring industrial peace and providing succor to thousands of Nigerians and their dependents,” he said.

He then thanked the host governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel, for the warm reception and immense support to the success of the town hall meeting.

He said “this is the first time we are holding this town hall meeting in a state that is not controlled by our party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and we are surely not disappointed.

“You have proven that though we may not share the same political platform, we all believe in the oneness of this country.

“You have set a good example that we hope all others will follow.

“It has lent credence to the statement by President Buhari, that he will be the president of all Nigerians, including those who voted for him and those who did not,” he said.

The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma, who was at the meeting, told the audience that the 2016 budget of the Federal Government “is unique and restructured completely from the past.”

He said 30 per cent of the budget was allocated to capital project compared to last year’s budget, which had only 11 per cent capital.

The minister also said that N250 billion was voted for road projects compared to N18 billion voted in 2015 budget.

He said the government had built strategic implementation plans with 24 measurable actions to ensure the execution of the budget.

Tags: BuhariContractorsFG RoadLai MohammedNigeriaNigerian RoadPresident BuhariProject Sites
SendShare1TweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

News

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

by ReportersAtLarge
August 29, 2025
0

The Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN) has urged for inclusion of Nigerian youths in governance and policy making, saying their...

Read moreDetails
Seyi Makinde SAfER: From Poverty Alleviation To Wealth Creation
News

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

by ReportersAtLarge
August 28, 2025
0

This mischievous claim, made by an APC lawmaker who is notorious for not attending plenaries and echoed by his party...

Read moreDetails
Nigerian Passport for South Africa Visa
News

JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

by ReportersAtLarge
August 28, 2025
0

The Nigeria Immigration Service has announced an upward review of the cost of obtaining the Nigerian Standard Passport, effective September...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Tunde Bakare

Nothing Can Stop Me From Succeeding Buhari — Bakare

6 years ago
Nigeria National Identity Card

New National ID Card To Be Issued Through Banks — FG

1 year ago

Popular News

  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Cleric Sends Strong Message To Tinubu, Obasanjo, Alaafin, Atiku, Others

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NiMet Predicts Floods In Lagos, Ogun, Six Others This Week

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President August 29, 2025
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim August 28, 2025
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100% August 28, 2025
  • Cleric Sends Strong Message To Tinubu, Obasanjo, Alaafin, Atiku, Others August 28, 2025
  • NiMet Predicts Floods In Lagos, Ogun, Six Others This Week August 28, 2025
June 2016
SMTWTFS
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930 
« May   Jul »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights