• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

No-Case Submission: Court Fixes July 11 For Ruling On Metuh’s Case

by ReportersAtLarge
May 31, 2018
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
National Publicity Secretary, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh

Chief Olisa Metuh

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

AN FCT High Court, Maitama, on Thursday fixed July 11 for ruling on the no-case submission filed by Olisa Metuh, a former PDP spokesman, accused of destruction of evidence.

Metuh was arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in January 2015 on a two-count charge bordering on alleged destruction of evidence.

The case which was before Justice Ishaq Bello, was adjourned until July 11, with consent of counsel as the court did not sit.

The case was earlier adjourned to May 31, for ruling on the no- case submission.

Metuh’s counsel, Dr Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), had on Oct. 10, 2017, told the court that they would enter a no-case submission at the close of the prosecution’s case.

RelatedPosts

Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

Arguing the no-case submission, Ikpeazu had told the court that the prosecution had not established any case to warrant the defendant to be called to enter his defence.

He said that the application was in pursuant to the provisions of Sections 302 and 357 of ACJA.

The counsel added that the defendant had a constitutional liberty and could not be prosecuted where he either refused to make a statement or withdraw any part of his writing in the course of making a statement.

Ikpeazu said that the defendant also had a right to cancel any part of his statement voluntarily.

He reminded the court that the charge by EFCC was that Metuh destroyed his statement and obstructed EFCC officials by willfully tearing his statement.

Ikpeazu argued that a piece of paper not signed did not qualify as a statement by the defendant, and urged the court to discharge and acquit the defendant.

However, the prosecuting counsel Mr Sylvanus Tahir, urged the court to establish whether or not a prima facie case had been made against the defendant

Tahir added that cancellation was different from tearing which was obstruction, and prayed the court to call upon the defendant to enter his defence.

Tags: AbujaOlisa MetuhPDP
SendShare1TweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives
News

Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

by ReportersAtLarge
August 30, 2025
0

The Michael Kolawole Omotosho (MKO) Foundation has officially launched a series of empowerment initiatives designed to transform the lives of...

Read moreDetails
The Bible Society of Nigeria
News

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

by ReportersAtLarge
August 29, 2025
0

The Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN) has urged for inclusion of Nigerian youths in governance and policy making, saying their...

Read moreDetails
Seyi Makinde SAfER: From Poverty Alleviation To Wealth Creation
News

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

by ReportersAtLarge
August 28, 2025
0

This mischievous claim, made by an APC lawmaker who is notorious for not attending plenaries and echoed by his party...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Achraf Hakimi and ex-wife

Footballer Achraf Hakimi’s Wife Seeks Half His Fortune After Divorce, Discovers He Owns Nothing

2 years ago
Kola Ologbondiyan

Edo Governorship: PDP Reveals When Obaseki’ll Join Party

5 years ago

Popular News

  • Prince Adeyinka Afonja CEO of Ace Mall

    Ace Mall CEO Yinka Afonja Bags Poly Eruwa Foundation Fellowship Award

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Ace Mall CEO Yinka Afonja Bags Poly Eruwa Foundation Fellowship Award August 30, 2025
  • Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives August 30, 2025
  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President August 29, 2025
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim August 28, 2025
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100% August 28, 2025
May 2018
SMTWTFS
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031 
« Apr   Jun »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights