• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Fayemi Condemns Bloody Herdsmen-Farmers Clash In Ekiti

by ReportersAtLarge
April 17, 2019
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Minister of Solid Minerals Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi

Dr. Kayode Fayemi

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

EKITI State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi on Wednesday condemned the death of two persons which followed the alleged invasion of farmlands by some suspected Fulani herdsmen in Iyemero Ekiti community, in Ikole Local Government Area of Ekiti.

The governor, represented by the new State Commissioner for Information, Mr Muyiwa Olumilua, gave the condemnation during a condolence visit to the town.

The governor said his government would do everything within its powers to prevent similar occurrences in future.

He also assured that every necessary step would be taken to nab the killers and bring them to justice.

ALSO READ, Hike Ekiti Mountains, Best For Easter Monday Picnic – Ojo-Lanre

RelatedPosts

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

Fayemi said the government would pay the hospital bills of the victims.

”We sympathise with you because lives of Ekiti people are precious to us in this government

“As part of the ways to arrest this situation, the governor has begun the construction of a police post in Iyemero.

“We are assuring you that something like this won’t happen again,” the governor said.

“The governor knows that there is loss of lives and that is why we are here to commiserate with the town.”

“But in spite of this provocative attack, they should remain calm and be law abiding, particularly the farmers

”What we are told is that it was an armed robbery issue, according to findings and reports but whatever dimension or form, it must have emerged, we are prepared to tackle it,” he assured.

This is coming just like the traditional ruler of the town, Olu of Iyemero, Oba Ebenezer Ogungbemi, frowned at an alleged twist in the police report of the incidence described as mere armed robbery where no one died.

The monarch insisted that two of his subjects actually died in the attack allegedly carried out by the suspected herders, in a farmstead under the town.

The monarch dismissed the claim by the Commissioner of Police, Mr Asuquo Amba, earlier in the day, that preliminary reports indicated that what happened was robbery.

Some suspected herders on Monday allegedly invaded a farmstead called Eda, in Iyemero Ekiti, and shot a seven-year-old boy during a raid and a couple, after which the husband later died in the hospital.

But the town’s monarch insisted that two persons were killed while receiving the delegation sent by the governor to commiserate with the town.

Oba Ogungbemi said the victims told him that herders who had been having a running battle with the farmers perpetrated the dastardly act.

“They invaded the community at midnight and shot dead a seven-year-old boy.

”They also shot a couple in the other house and the husband has died after they were rushed to the Ikole general hospital and the bullets could not be extracted from his body early enough.

“They have removed the bullets from the body of the wife and she has been referred to the Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido Ekiti for treatment.

”What we know is that they escaped through the Ikole-Itapaji-Iyemero-Eruku route to Kwara after their nefarious act, it is a fact that we have a porous border.

”My people should be on alert and we are already mobilising the local hunters to work with the security agencies to tame the perpetrators,” the traditional ruler said.

Oba Ogungbemi restated his calls for the establishment of a police station in the town to curb such activities.

“The correct information now is that two people had died. People can’t go to their camp, because they are afraid.

”About 60 of them have been displaced and they are here in my palace till today (Wednesday) before they left,” he said.

Tags: ekiti stateFulani HeadsmenKayode Fayemi
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

News

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

by ReportersAtLarge
August 29, 2025
0

The Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN) has urged for inclusion of Nigerian youths in governance and policy making, saying their...

Read moreDetails
Seyi Makinde SAfER: From Poverty Alleviation To Wealth Creation
News

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

by ReportersAtLarge
August 28, 2025
0

This mischievous claim, made by an APC lawmaker who is notorious for not attending plenaries and echoed by his party...

Read moreDetails
Nigerian Passport for South Africa Visa
News

JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

by ReportersAtLarge
August 28, 2025
0

The Nigeria Immigration Service has announced an upward review of the cost of obtaining the Nigerian Standard Passport, effective September...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

APC

Oyo State: Full List Of Newly Elected Council Chairmen And Their Vices

7 years ago
Ooni-Ife-Oba-Adeyeye-Enitan-Ogunwusi

Ooni Charges FG To Review Policies On Agric

9 years ago

Popular News

  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Cleric Sends Strong Message To Tinubu, Obasanjo, Alaafin, Atiku, Others

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NiMet Predicts Floods In Lagos, Ogun, Six Others This Week

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President August 29, 2025
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim August 28, 2025
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100% August 28, 2025
  • Cleric Sends Strong Message To Tinubu, Obasanjo, Alaafin, Atiku, Others August 28, 2025
  • NiMet Predicts Floods In Lagos, Ogun, Six Others This Week August 28, 2025
April 2019
SMTWTFS
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930 
« Mar   May »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights