• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Monday, February 16, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Kagara: Governor Bello Gives Fresh Updates, Says Abducted Students Not Released Yet

by ReportersAtLarge
February 19, 2021
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Governor Bello on Student Abduct & Picture Resizer
Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

Niger Governor Abubakar Sani-Bello has dispelled rumour that 27 students and there teachers abducted on Wednesday morning at Government Science College, Kagara have been released.

He said the government was in last stage of negotiations with the bandits, promising the victims would be released soon.

Bello spoke on Friday at the Government House in Minna, the state capital, shortly after meeting renowned Islamic Scholar, Sheikh Abubakar Gumi.

ADVERTISEMENT

Addressing journalists, he said, “Regarding the event of the past few days where we have two serious cases of kidnappings – the NTSA (Niger State Transport Authority) bus that was kidnapped (with passengers). And the second event took place at the Secondary School in Kagara.

“As at this moment, we do not have any additional information to give apart from the one given earlier on, yesterday. But I want to assure you that we are doing everything we can, we are interfacing with the local communities, with federal authorities and our own state authorities to ensure that we recover the victims safely.

RelatedPosts

Visit Ekiti Cap Bags World Headdress Celebration International Award

Makinde Promotes 14 Chiefs, Baales To Crown-Wearing Obas In Oyo

12-Year-Old Student Abducted In Ibadan

“Our utmost priority right now is to make sure we bring them back home safe and that is exactly what we are going to do. So, there hasn’t been any information I can give you at this moment but once we have anything for you, we will let you know.”

Responding to a question on the purported release of the abductees, the governor said, “Everything that is being said out there is rumour and in situations like this, we cannot work with rumour, it has to be confirmed. Yes, we’ve been receiving different rumours from different people within villages but we are still treating those as rumour until processed and confirmed.”

On his meeting with Gumi, the governor said the state was ready to engage any actor who was willing to assist with the rescue of the abducted persons. Bello said, who noted that the state was exploring kinetic and non-kinetic means to secure the release of the abductees, added that he was waiting to receive a “comprehensive” report of the “findings” of Gumi.

Reporters At Large had earlier reported that Bello ordered the immediate closure of all boarding schools in the bandit-ravaged areas on Wednesday after the attack in Kagara.

The Senate had also asked the President Muhammadu Buhari to declare a state of emergency on security without further delay.

Tags: BREAKING NEWSFederal Government of NigeriaKidnapping News In NigeriaNiger StateSheikh Abubakar GumiSheikh Gumi
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Visit Ekiti Cap
News

Visit Ekiti Cap Bags World Headdress Celebration International Award

by ReportersAtLarge
February 15, 2026
0

The globally recognised Visit Ekiti Cap, a cultural identity symbol of Ekiti State’s tourism brand, has been honoured with the...

Read moreDetails
Makinde Promotes 14 Chiefs Baales To Crown-Wearin
News

Makinde Promotes 14 Chiefs, Baales To Crown-Wearing Obas In Oyo

by ReportersAtLarge
February 14, 2026
0

Oyo State Governor, ‘Seyi Makinde, has promoted 14 High Chiefs and Baales in Oyoland to the status of crown-wearing Obas,...

Read moreDetails
Gunmen
Metro

12-Year-Old Student Abducted In Ibadan

by ReportersAtLarge
February 12, 2026
0

A Junior Secondary School two student of Monarch Model College, Ibadan, was kidnapped on Thursday morning, sending shockwaves through the...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Akeem Raheem Adepoju

Oyo: Positive Change Coming To Oorelope LG, PDP Chairmanship Aspirant, Raheem Says

5 years ago
lai-mohammed

Lai Mohammed Reveals Real Reason Nigeria Closed Borders

6 years ago

Popular News

  • Late Prof. Ajagbe Toriola Oyewo (SAN)

    Inspiring Legacy Of Prof. Ajagbe Toriola Oyewo Honoured At Memorial Lecture

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Makinde Promotes 14 Chiefs, Baales To Crown-Wearing Obas In Oyo

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Visit Ekiti Cap Bags World Headdress Celebration International Award

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Meet Victor Antai, Nigerian Politician Who Puts Conscience Above Loyalty

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Lawmakers Push For Stronger Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity In Nigeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Visit Ekiti Cap Bags World Headdress Celebration International Award February 15, 2026
  • Meet Victor Antai, Nigerian Politician Who Puts Conscience Above Loyalty February 15, 2026
  • Makinde Promotes 14 Chiefs, Baales To Crown-Wearing Obas In Oyo February 14, 2026
  • Lawmakers Push For Stronger Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity In Nigeria February 13, 2026
  • Inspiring Legacy Of Prof. Ajagbe Toriola Oyewo Honoured At Memorial Lecture February 12, 2026
February 2021
SMTWTFS
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28 
« Jan   Mar »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights