• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Residents Flee As Eight Canter Loaded With Boko Haram Terrorists Arrive Niger Communities

Fear Grips Residents

by ReportersAtLarge
March 1, 2022
in Featured, Metro
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Boko Haram
Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

There is palpable anxiety in Damba village, Kurebe District in Shiroro local government area of Niger State as eight canters loaded with suspected Boko Haram Terrorists arrived at the village and ordered the villagers to relocate.

The Sun reports a reliable source close to the community as saying that the arrival of the terrorist group on Sunday has created panic and fear among the villagers who have begun to relocate to neighbouring villages even before the Terrorists settled down.

Although Damba village is under Chukun local government area of Kaduna State, it borders Kaore village in Niger state with all the about 600 inhabitants transacting their businesses and daily activities in the state, including farming.

Only an extension of river Shiroro separating Damba community with Kaore in Niger state, even though people of the villages around Damba have lost their peace over a year ago when the Terrorists officially established their camp there.

The Chairman of Shiroro local government, Mallam Suleiman Chukuba who confirmed the latest influx of the Terrorists to Damba, told the Daily Sun in Minna on Monday that the eight canters load of the Terrorists arrived in the early hours of Sunday.

RelatedPosts

28 Rescued, 22 Missing In Sokoto Boat Crash

US Court Finally Imprisons Top Yoruba Monarch

Cleaner On N30k Salary Returns N4.8m Mistakenly Paid Into Her Bank Account

“Immediately they arrived, my People called me to inform me about it. As I speak to you now the entire villages within the area are now almost deserted. The people are beginning to relocate”.

According to the Chairman, villages like Katarma, Rijiya Uku and Laidna have been deserted as the people have left their homes and have all relocated to neighbouring villages.

The Terrorists have asked the villagers to vacate their houses for them to enable them to settle down, even as their mission to the area is yet unknown.

Recalled that in April last year, the state governor Alhaji Abubakar Sani told the whole world in a press conference that Boko Haram Terrorists have hoisted their flag in Kaore village in Shiroro local government.

In another development, the Chairman also confirmed the killing of a husband and wife at Napala village in Erena District on Monday by gunmen.

The husband and wife, according to the Chairman, were earlier abducted from their farm by the gunmen but decided to kill them midway into the journey after the combined team of soldiers and local vigilantes gave them a hot chase on receiving the distress call.

Some of the gunmen were however neutralized during the ensued fierce gun battle with the soldiers and the local vigilantes, while a soldier was said to have been injured.

Meanwhile, two of the gunmen who invaded a construction site along Minna-Lambata-Izom road in Niger state on Monday have been killed by a combined team of Police, Soldiers and local vigilantes.

A statement by the state police command on Tuesday in Minna said a number of the gunmen however escaped into the bush with bullets injuries, even as the statement added that the security operatives are still on trail of them with a view to apprehend them.

Four motorcycles that were used by the gunmen for the operation were recovered by the Joint Security Team, adding that non of the security agents was hurt during the exchange with the gunmen.

According to the Police Command in the statement signed by the Public Relation Officer, DSP Wasiu Abiodun disclosed that upon the receipt of this information that gunmen had blocked Minna-Suleja road, the Command mobilised a team of Police operatives, Military personnel from Zuma barracks, Suleja and vigilante members to the area.

“The hoodlums were vehemently engaged in a gun battle, and in the process, two bandits were neutralised and four motorcycles were recovered from the bandits, while others escaped into the forest with gunshot injuries”.

Wasiu pointed out that “due to the gun battle, there was temporary motorists stoppage along Suleja-Minna road, but normalcy was later restored for free flow of traffic.”

Tags: Boko HaramBREAKING NEWSCrime NewsKaduna StateNigeria Latest News
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Boat Mishap
Metro

28 Rescued, 22 Missing In Sokoto Boat Crash

by ReportersAtLarge
August 27, 2025
0

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on Tuesday confirmed the recovery of three more bodies in the ongoing search and...

Read moreDetails
Apetu of Ipetumodu Oba Joseph Oloyede
Metro

US Court Finally Imprisons Top Yoruba Monarch

by ReportersAtLarge
August 27, 2025
0

U.S. District Judge Christopher A. Boyko has sentenced Apetu of Ipetumodu in Osun State, Oba Joseph Oloyede, a dual Nigerian...

Read moreDetails
Maiduguri Borno State Map
Metro

Cleaner On N30k Salary Returns N4.8m Mistakenly Paid Into Her Bank Account

by ReportersAtLarge
August 25, 2025
0

A cleaner on N30,000 monthly salary, Faiza Abdulkadir, has returned N4.8 million credited to her bank account by mistake in...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Governor-Abiola-Ajimobi

Paris Club Fund: Ajimobi Approves Payment Of April, May Salaries

8 years ago
Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of DLA Toys and Amusement Park, Ikeja, Lagos and the CEO, AVO Pizza Fabulous, Arepo, Ogun State, Yeye (Dr.) Folashade Shona.

NASS Members, Folashade Shona Bag NUJ Awards

9 months ago

Popular News

  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Cleric Sends Strong Message To Tinubu, Obasanjo, Alaafin, Atiku, Others

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NiMet Predicts Floods In Lagos, Ogun, Six Others This Week

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President August 29, 2025
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim August 28, 2025
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100% August 28, 2025
  • Cleric Sends Strong Message To Tinubu, Obasanjo, Alaafin, Atiku, Others August 28, 2025
  • NiMet Predicts Floods In Lagos, Ogun, Six Others This Week August 28, 2025
March 2022
SMTWTFS
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031 
« Feb   Apr »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights