• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

EFCC Rearrested Fani-Kayode

by ReportersAtLarge
October 21, 2016
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Femi Fani-Kayode

Femi Fani-Kayode

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

FORMER Aviation Minister, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, was, Friday, re-arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), after he stepped out of a court room at Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, where he is standing trial.

The former Director of Media and Publicity, campaign committee of ex President Goodluck Jonathan was charged alongside a former Minister of Finance, Nenandi Usman, Danjuma Yusuf and a company, Joint Trust Dimension Nig. Ltd., on a 17 count charge of unlawful retention, unlawful use and unlawful payment of money in the tune of about N4.9 billion, aa charge brought against them by the EFCC.

They all pleaded not guilty to the charge and were granted bail. Friday, the prosecutor, Mr Rotimi Oyedepo, opened its case and had wrapped up the witness’ evidence for the day, while the court adjourned the case to November 14 and 15, 2016, for continuation of trial and rose.

ADVERTISEMENT

However, shortly after Fani-Kayode had walked out of court, two officers of the EFCC dressed in white kaftan, flanked his sides, and requested that he followed them to the commission’s office.

Immediately, the court’s gate was barricaded by a toyota Hiace bus and Fani-Kayode was taken off to the EFCC.

RelatedPosts

Akpabio Buries In-law, Describes Death As Personal Loss

US To Withdraw All Troops From Syria — Report

37 Killed In Nigeria Mines Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Reports

Meanwhile, Friday, EFCC had opened its case for the prosecution and called its first witness, a Media consultant, Mr Idowu Olusegun.

Led him in evidence, the witness, who is media consultant, Paste Posters Company Ltd, told the court that N30 million was paid in cash to him, by the office of the Director of media and publicity, PDP campaign Organisation.

According to Olusegun, he had reached an agreement with the organisation whose office is situated at 14B, Samora Micheal Avenue, Asokoro, Abuja, for the sum of N24m for media consultancy services.

He said that a further negotiation was reached in which N50 would be paid for each size of A2 posters, while N20 would be paid for each size of A4 flyers.

The witness told the court that after the printing job for the posters and flyers was done, he was invited to the office of the organisation and given N30 million in cash.

He further told the court that he had demanded to know why payments was made in cash and was informed by one Mr Oke, that cash was the approved means of payment.

He said that Mr Oke had been the person communicating with him throughout the pendency of his engagement to do the media jobs.

The witness added that apart from the N30 million paid to him, there was also an outstanding payment of N24m which was not paid to his company.

After his testimony and based on agreements of counsel, the court fixed November 14 and 15 for continuation of trial.

Tags: EFCCFani-KayodeNigeria
SendShare1TweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Akpabio In-law Elder Essien Pius Ubeng
News

Akpabio Buries In-law, Describes Death As Personal Loss

by ReportersAtLarge
February 19, 2026
0

President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio, will on Saturday witness the committal to mother earth the remains of his late...

Read moreDetails
President of the United States of America, Donald Trump
WorldNews

US To Withdraw All Troops From Syria — Report

by ReportersAtLarge
February 19, 2026
0

The United States is planning to withdraw all of its 1,000 troops from Syria over the next two months, according...

Read moreDetails
News

37 Killed In Nigeria Mines Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Reports

by ReportersAtLarge
February 18, 2026
0

At least 37 miners have died from carbon monoxide poisoning at a mining site in central Nigeria, the Reuters news...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Justice Walter Onnoghen

At Last, Presidency Forwards Onnoghen For Confirmation As CJN

9 years ago
Otunba Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala

Alao-Akala: Family Releases Burial Program [See Details]

4 years ago

Popular News

  • Akpabio In-law Elder Essien Pius Ubeng

    Akpabio Buries In-law, Describes Death As Personal Loss

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tinubu Defends Electoral Act 2026 Assent As Opposition Reacts

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • 37 Killed In Nigeria Mines Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Reports

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US To Withdraw All Troops From Syria — Report

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • President Tinubu, Tourism Sector Is Dying, Weeping Needs Your Attention.

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Akpabio Buries In-law, Describes Death As Personal Loss February 19, 2026
  • Tinubu Defends Electoral Act 2026 Assent As Opposition Reacts February 19, 2026
  • US To Withdraw All Troops From Syria — Report February 19, 2026
  • President Tinubu, Tourism Sector Is Dying, Weeping Needs Your Attention. February 19, 2026
  • 37 Killed In Nigeria Mines Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Reports February 18, 2026
October 2016
SMTWTFS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
« Sep   Nov »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights