• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Saturday, May 23, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

#Ekiti2018: Why We Stopped PDP Rally — DIG

by ReportersAtLarge
July 11, 2018
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
nigeria-police-logo sars
Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

DEPUTY Inspector General of Police (Operations), Mr. Habila Joshak, has justified why the proposed rally of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Ado-Ekiti was stopped.

Joshak said it was in order to prevent possible breakdown of law and order, adding that no party will be allowed to hold any political rally not approved by the police until the election is held.

ADVERTISEMENT

The police boss, who is the overall commander of security operations for the Ekiti State governorship election, said the PDP did not obtain police permit for the botched rally.

ALSO READ: #Ekiti2018: Policemen Slapped, Kicked Me —Fayose

The police chief who addressed reporters earlier in the day before the Government Hose drama occurred, described the action as a “pre-emptive measure” that was adopted because of the tense situation in the state.

RelatedPosts

New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home

Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

Joshak said: “Because of the tense situation, we had to do what we did. We heard that His Excellency (Fayose) was doing something in the Government House, the cyclists narrowed the road but we won’t go and block his place.

“We don’t want people to gather and start another rally because dispersing them with smoke is not the best. The pre-emptive measure was okay.

ALSO READ: #Ekiti2018: Fayose Reportedly Escapes Assassination, Receiving Treatment At Govt House Clinic

“It is better to be pre-emptive by ensuring that the situation did not degenerate.”

Joshak added: “We are not here to usurp the authority of Governor Fayose. We are not here to rubbish him because he represents the people

“But we are not going to allow any authorized rally that can trigger violence in the state. You can see that the state is tensed up.

“As law enforcement agents, we must be proactive and take actions that can prevent crisis rather than trying to quell it after it might have broken out.”

Joshak said the security details of Very Important Personalities (VIPs) in Ekiti will be withdrawn on Saturday to give all parties participating in the election a level playing field.

The police boss added that no party will be allowed to hold any political rally not approved by the police until the election is held.

The DIG explained that he will work with one Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), Mr. H.H. Karma and three other Commissioners of Police; Ali Janga, J.B. Kokumo and G.B. Umar, who will man each of the senatorial districts in the state.

Joshak said they have contacted security details of Governor Fayose and the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr. Kayode Fayemi and other top government officials to report at 6am at the police headquarters in Ado Ekiti on Saturday.

ALSO READ: 2019: Coalition Can’t Stop Buhari’s Re-Election – APC

He said: “We won’t allow anybody to go to the polling booth with armed men, this is a breach of the Electoral Act.

“We have contacted them and they have to be here before election commences. This election must not be compromised. They will be documented and whoever defies this will be sanctioned, because they have been contacted”, he warned.

Joshak urged his men not to work for any political party, saying any police officer found exhibiting such will have himself to blame.

“Those who want to create posts where votes are going to be bought will be disappointed. We are not going allow it.

“If you cast your votes, you can keep a distance and protect your votes, but if you snatch the ballot, we will cut off your hands, if you run with it, we will stop your legs.

“If you come out with masquerade on the day of election, we will get it arrested and unmask the man behind it.

“My men will be civil, so people are free to come out to vote. Nobody will be harassed, that is not part of our duties.

“Our duty is to secure not only the electoral materials but all the citizens. We are going to be professional and watchful, because we don’t want to be bedeviled with cases of hooliganism, ballot snatching and hate speeches before, during and after this election”, he said.

Tags: ayodele fayoseEkiti 2018Ekiti PDP RallyNigeria Police
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

President of the United States of America, Donald Trump on US Green Card application rules
World News

New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home

by ReportersAtLarge
May 22, 2026
0

The US has altered its Green Card application rules under a new Trump immigration policy. These legal immigration changes mean...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde speaking at a press briefing regarding the Oyo school kidnapping response Oyo Schools
News

Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

by ReportersAtLarge
May 22, 2026
0

Following the harrowing Ogbomoso school kidnapping, the ministry confirmed that travel outside Oyo schools has been suspended with immediate effect....

Read moreDetails
New JAMB Registrar Professor Segun Aina
News

Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

by ReportersAtLarge
May 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has named a new JAMB Registrar to succeed Professor Is-haq Oloyede. The historic JAMB appointment of Professor...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Femi Falana

Nigeria’s Politics in Shambles: Falana Laments Rise of Criminals and Touts

10 months ago
Political culture in the Nigerian Senate Plenary Session - Tax Reform

Karimi, Zam, Sheu Disagree With Ningi On Alleged Budget Padding

2 years ago

Popular News

  • President of the United States of America, Donald Trump on US Green Card application rules

    New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • APC Internal Crisis Imminent Over Faulty Primaries, Fayemi Warns

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria Tax Reform: Zacch Adedeji And Public Trust Issues

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home May 22, 2026
  • APC Internal Crisis Imminent Over Faulty Primaries, Fayemi Warns May 22, 2026
  • Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears May 22, 2026
  • Nigeria Tax Reform: Zacch Adedeji And Public Trust Issues May 21, 2026
  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack May 21, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights