• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Saturday, February 21, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Ibadan Circular Road: Makinde Rescinds Stop-Work Order

by ReportersAtLarge
November 2, 2019
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde

Engr. Seyi Makinde

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

…Says ENL Consortium Must Deliver Project By May 2020

The Governor of Oyo State, Engineer Seyi Makinde, has rescinded a stop-work order he earlier issued on the Ibadan Circular Road project.

The Governor, in issuing the fresh order, said that the decision came after a review meeting held between officials of the state government and the ENL Consortium.

He has, therefore, given a May 2020 deadline to the company to deliver the project in line with the original three-year contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Makinde, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, quoted the Governor as saying that despite the fact that the first instinct would have been to revoke the contract based on the inexplicable slow pace of work and a number of identifiable irregularities, he would want the company to deliver the contract in line with the original contract they signed in 2017.

The statement cautioned political interests who are jumping into the fray of arguments on the 32-kilometre road contract to desist from playing to the gallery just in an attempt to get counted as ‘opposition voices.’

RelatedPosts

President On Solar, People In Darkness: Renewable Progress Or National Paradox?

Akpabio Buries In-law, Describes Death As Personal Loss

US To Withdraw All Troops From Syria — Report

“Opposition in a democracy is meant to be constructive and reasonable and not a set of characters that defend underhand dealings and shady activities.

“A number of issues don’t look straight on the Ibadan Circular Road Project, ranging from the cost of the contract to the capacity of the consortium and eventual value for money realities.

“It is preposterous for any political party or group to jump at such a critical issue without being abreast of the facts of the matter and by merely trying to play to the card of unbridled opposition.

“Governor Seyi Makinde has, therefore, given the ENL Consortium, the go-ahead to complete the project by May 2020 as specified in the contractual agreement it signed with Oyo State Government,” the statement read.

The decision to rescind the stop work order came on the heels of a follow-up meeting at the State Secretariat, Agodi, Ibadan shortly after the Governor conducted an inspection tour of the project.

The statement further read: “The Ibadan Circular Project is a 32-kilometre road contract awarded by the immediate past administration under a Build Operate and Transfer concessionaire arrangement at the cost of N67 billion.

“However, discoveries by the incumbent administration in Oyo State have confirmed that besides the extremely slow pace of work on the contract which meant that only 5.5 percent of work had been done in two and a half years, sections of the cost quoted may be apparently unjustifiable.

“For instance, documents at the disposal of Oyo State Government indicate that the ENL Consortium originally quoted N14 billion as the contract sum, whereas the former government went ahead to sign the contract at N67 billion.

“Again, the sum of 11 billion is being quoted for clearance of the bush on the 32-kilometre stretch of the road, while the same consortium is claiming to have spent the sum of N5 billion on some four or five culverts.

“Governor Makinde considers the project to be very strategic to the economic expansion agenda of his Government, and therefore ordered that since the consortium now claims to now have the required funding, they could as well deliver the project by May 2020, in line with the contract they signed in 2017.

 “The decision to allow the consortium run out its contract through was informed by the need not to plunge the State into needless legal battles and thereby cause encumbrances that can hinder the development of the State.

“The State government is ready to hold ENL Consortium to its words and the dictates of the contractual agreement on the road. It is expected that the Consortium would put in place all things necessary to ensure it delivers on the terms of the all-important contract.”

Tags: Ibadan Circular RoadOyo StateSeyi Makinde
SendShare20TweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Nigerian President, Bola Tinubu
Opinion

President On Solar, People In Darkness: Renewable Progress Or National Paradox?

by ReportersAtLarge
February 20, 2026
0

Globally, renewable energy transition is no longer optional — it is strategic. The United States has committed hundreds of billions...

Read moreDetails
Akpabio In-law Elder Essien Pius Ubeng
News

Akpabio Buries In-law, Describes Death As Personal Loss

by ReportersAtLarge
February 19, 2026
0

President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio, will on Saturday witness the committal to mother earth the remains of his late...

Read moreDetails
President of the United States of America, Donald Trump
WorldNews

US To Withdraw All Troops From Syria — Report

by ReportersAtLarge
February 19, 2026
0

The United States is planning to withdraw all of its 1,000 troops from Syria over the next two months, according...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Afeez Adeshina Fashola - Naira Marley on SARS

#EndSARS: What Will Happen If I Lead Protest Against SARS – Naira Marley

5 years ago
United-Bank-for-Africa UBA logo

UBA Launches Click Credit Loan

6 years ago

Popular News

  • Borrowed Melodies: Yinka Ayefele, BBO, And The Blurred Lines Of Inspiration In Nigerian Gospel Music

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo Needs A Leader To Sustain Development – Chief Bolaji Ayorinde

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyebanji Breaks Tourism Jinx, Produces Nigeria’s First Sequential Tourism Governance Framework

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • President On Solar, People In Darkness: Renewable Progress Or National Paradox?

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Akpabio Buries In-law, Describes Death As Personal Loss

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Borrowed Melodies: Yinka Ayefele, BBO, And The Blurred Lines Of Inspiration In Nigerian Gospel Music February 21, 2026
  • Oyo Needs A Leader To Sustain Development – Chief Bolaji Ayorinde February 21, 2026
  • Oyebanji Breaks Tourism Jinx, Produces Nigeria’s First Sequential Tourism Governance Framework February 20, 2026
  • President On Solar, People In Darkness: Renewable Progress Or National Paradox? February 20, 2026
  • Akpabio Buries In-law, Describes Death As Personal Loss February 19, 2026
November 2019
SMTWTFS
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
« Oct   Dec »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights