• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News

NUT Decries Spate Of Examination Malpractice In Oyo

by ReportersAtLarge
November 28, 2022
in News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Oyo State Governor Engr Seyi Makinde

Seyi Makinde

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

The Nigerian Union of Teachers (NUT) said curbing examination malpractice in Oyo State should be a joint effort.

It, however, tasked the West African Examination Council (WAEC) to block leakages from its end.

ADVERTISEMENT

This was in reaction to the WAEC’s delisting of 50 schools in the state over examination malpractice.

The State Chairman of NUT, Mr Raji Oladimeji, said the delisting of 50 schools in Oyo State for examination malpractice was not a good decision as it affected schools not only in the state but across the federation.

He said 25 public and 25 private schools comprised the 50 schools that WAEC delisted.

RelatedPosts

Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation

Bishop Aladekugbe Warns Politicians Against Exploiting Oyo State School Abduction

Oladimeji noted that malpractice has been going on for so long, and what each school caught did was to pay the sum of N500,000 levied on it for the offence.

“But what the State Government is saying now is that enough is enough; if you allow yourself to be used in your school then you should be able to source for the payment of that N500,000 fine,” he said.

The NUT chairman noted that other factors contribute to the spate of malpractice in the state, as some parents encourage their wards and children to engage in the act.

“Above all the Chief examiner, which is WAEC cannot be exonerated from the problem and why blame our teachers, parents and others? It needs to ensure no leakages from its end,” he said.

Oladimeji stated that malpractice offenders in 2021 were punished and those involved in malpractice in 2022 would also be punished.

Also, Dr Muyiwa Bamgbose, an Educator and Chief Executive Officer of the Educational Advancement Centre, said the sanction was long overdue and needed to curb the spate of malpractice in the state.

Bamgbose said the cheating rate had been alarming, and it affected the quality of students who applied for advanced studies or sat for post-UTME.

“If they can keep this up, it would be good. Let everybody sit up because students are now preparing to cheat; they are no longer studying, and it is a very bad situation,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Oyo State Government says it will sanction Principals and Parents of recently delisted schools by the West Africa Examinations Council (WAEC) for examination malpractices in the state.

The State Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Barr. Abiodun Abdu-Raheem in a statement said the state government would sanction both the principals and parents found wanting because of its zero tolerance for examination malpractice.

He also warned principals to refrain from encouraging examination malpractice, which was becoming endemic in both private and public schools in the state.

“It should be noted that the Oyo State Government has zero tolerance for examination malpractices, therefore, Principals and Teachers of both Private and Public Schools and parents were earlier warned to desist from any act of collaboration on examination malpractices as sanctions would be meted to concerned staff and parents”, he said.

Abiodun disclosed that only the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has the authority to release a list of schools identified as being involved in examination malpractices and de-recognise such schools accordingly.

He further said that derecognized schools will not be permitted to present candidates for WAEC for two years, saying “however, this does not debar students of such schools from sitting for the West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), as they are mobilised to the nearest school to write the  WAEC; only the identified school is derecognized as a WAEC Centre”.

“It should be noted that the Government of Oyo State will waste no time investigating any such occurrence, while the necessary punishments as enumerated above will be meted to anyone found guilty”, he said.

The commissioner, however, advised the heads of both public and private institutions in the state to desist from any act that could ridicule their schools and portray the state’s image in a bad light.

Therefore, he enjoined the general public to note that no student in the State would be prevented from writing the WAEC in the 2022/2023 Academic Session and subsequent years.

Tags: BREAKING NEWSNigerian Union of TeachersOyo State Latest News
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

New JAMB Registrar Professor Segun Aina
News

Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

by ReportersAtLarge
May 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has named a new JAMB Registrar to succeed Professor Is-haq Oloyede. The historic JAMB appointment of Professor...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde signing the 2026 Oyo State Security Regulation law executive order.
News

Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation

by ReportersAtLarge
May 20, 2026
0

Governor Seyi Makinde has signed a historic executive order establishing strict Oyo State security regulation for all local defense units....

Read moreDetails
Archbishop Bishop Aladekugbe on Oyo State School Abduction
News

Bishop Aladekugbe Warns Politicians Against Exploiting Oyo State School Abduction

by ReportersAtLarge
May 20, 2026
0

The recent Oyo State school abduction in Oriire has triggered mass condemnation from religious leaders. Archbishop Aladekugbe has warned politicians...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Makinde crowns Ibadan Obas

JUST IN: Makinde Approves Appointment Of Olakulehin As 43rd Olubadan

2 years ago
Blood cancer patients are more likely to die from coronavirus than patients with other forms of the disease

ASUU Laments On COVID-19 Spread As Bayero University Announces Resumption Date

5 years ago

Popular News

  • Bashorun Akinwale Akinwole - Wolekanle on Oriire banditry attack

    Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman Awards Prizes At The Polytechnic Ibadan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack May 21, 2026
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar May 21, 2026
  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation May 20, 2026
  • Bishop Aladekugbe Warns Politicians Against Exploiting Oyo State School Abduction May 20, 2026
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman Awards Prizes At The Polytechnic Ibadan May 20, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights