• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Sunday, August 31, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Oranmiyan Oko Kingdom Denies Incarceration In Abolongo, Says Allegations Against Him, His Chiefs Misleading

by ReportersAtLarge
November 27, 2023
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Oranmiyan of Oko Kingdom Oba Olagoke Akinola

Oba Olagoke Akinola

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

The Oranmiyan of Oko Kingdom, Oba Olagoke Akinola, has said the counts against him and his chiefs at the court were misleading and an attempt to smear his name.

A complainant, Mr Isaac Abiodun of Tropical Culture Nig. Ltd., alleged that the defendants at Aagba village in Surulere local government attacked him.

While reacting to the media report that he and 14 others were ordered to be remanded at Abolongo prison over the allegations, the first-class monarch maintained that the bail condition had been perfected.

Oba Akinola explained that “I was asked to write an undertaking and guarantee that I would be bringing other people involved to the court based on my recognition as a first-class king, which I did, and the judges did not even ask for a surety when he granted the bail application on November 23.

Giving an insight into what led to the legal battle, Oba Akinola said, “The narrative is just about land issues; we’ve been on it since about 93 years ago, so many pronouncements have been made on it; we won in some areas, they won in some areas, eventually the case is at the Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court has fixed a date for November 11, 2024, for hearing of the case. At a particular point in 2021, they took our people to Abuja and they were charged with terrorism and some other charges.

RelatedPosts

Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

“At Abuja, we fought against it, and the attorney general of the police took over the matter from the police, and at the end of the state, he returned the file back to Oyo State for the determination of the case. There is nothing like terrorism, and our people stayed about 1 and a half years in Abuja and about four months in Agodi prison. Eventually, they released them on June 25, 2023. They released them on bail, and we’ve been waiting since that time to hear either from the court or the ministry on offences committed by our people. We didn’t hear anything until towards the end of October, when my lawyer called me and informed me that there were some charges against us and that we should come to court.

“We went to court on the 7th of November, at the court they were about to read the charges when my lawyer told them that we were not served any notice of charges, the judge was surprised  he went through the court registry and he said  we have the right to fair hearing that I should take a guarantee of the remaining 14 people  because I am the first class king  and that I should produce those people back on the 16th of November, on the 16th of November we were there , they read all the counts, we denied all the counts that was read to us the  judge gave me an opportunity as a first class king that I can take bail application of myself and my people which I wrote on my letter headed paper and take to the court for us to come back on the 21st, on the 21st again we were at the court we wrote  bail application, and he graciously approved that I should take their suretee on self and personal recognition  that was what happened all what I saw was that we were remanded at Abolongo, so I was surprised where the story is emanating from.”

The monarch’s counsel, Barrister Jimoh Olaide Absulsalam, corroborated the monarch’s claim said ”The story in circulation is not the correct version of what happened at the court. What happened was that we have a bail application in respect of Kabiesi and the others and even before the bail application was passed the court believed that Kabiesi is a first-class monarch and all other people who are his subject Kabiesi can guarantee them. The court directed that Kabiesi should ensure their return to court at every subsequent adjournment and that Kabiesi should go and write an undertaking and he wrote it, the second adjournment we were in court, the third adjournment when we argued the matter and the court said it would give the ruling later day before yesterday the ruling was delivered in favour of our client.

The bail application was granted on November 23; the judge did not even request surety because Kabiesi is a first-class monarch.

“It has even gotten to the stage where we reported them to the judge, and he warned them seriously; he was even looking for those journalists. Were they in court? No, no journalists were in court; somebody intending to discredit Kabiesi and his chief did that to misinform the public.”

Tags: COURTOba Olagoke AkinolaOranmiyan of Oko Kingdom
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives
News

Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

by ReportersAtLarge
August 30, 2025
0

The Michael Kolawole Omotosho (MKO) Foundation has officially launched a series of empowerment initiatives designed to transform the lives of...

Read moreDetails
The Bible Society of Nigeria
News

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

by ReportersAtLarge
August 29, 2025
0

The Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN) has urged for inclusion of Nigerian youths in governance and policy making, saying their...

Read moreDetails
Seyi Makinde SAfER: From Poverty Alleviation To Wealth Creation
News

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

by ReportersAtLarge
August 28, 2025
0

This mischievous claim, made by an APC lawmaker who is notorious for not attending plenaries and echoed by his party...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Funmi Ogidan

Ogidan’Birin Set To Launch WADEN At Akungba Day 2025

2 months ago
Gunmen - Bandits Terrorists Attacks in Nigeria

JUST IN: Terrorists Release Seven More Train Passengers

3 years ago

Popular News

  • Prince Adeyinka Afonja CEO of Ace Mall

    Ace Mall CEO Yinka Afonja Bags Poly Eruwa Foundation Fellowship Award

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Ace Mall CEO Yinka Afonja Bags Poly Eruwa Foundation Fellowship Award August 30, 2025
  • Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives August 30, 2025
  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President August 29, 2025
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim August 28, 2025
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100% August 28, 2025
November 2023
SMTWTFS
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930 
« Oct   Dec »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights