• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Thursday, August 28, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News Metro

Nigerian Female Soldier Exposes Alleged Abuse By Senior Officers

by ReportersAtLarge
January 13, 2024
in Metro
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Nigerian female soldier, Ogunleye Ruth Credit TikTok @Ogunleyeruthsavage1

Ogunleye Ruth Credit TikTok @Ogunleyeruthsavage1

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

A Nigerian female soldier named Ruth Ogunleye has come forward with serious allegations against her superiors.

The PUNCH reports the female soldier, who claims that some superiors, whom she identified as Col. IB Abdulkareem, Col. GS Ogor, and Brig. Gen. IB Solebo, have made her life unbearable.

Ogunleye holds Col. IB Abdulkareem particularly responsible for her difficulties in the Army.

Ogunleye, known as @Ogunleyeruthsavage1 on TikTok, recently shared her distressing experience on the platform.

She claimed that Abdulkareem had made repeated attempts to assault her, administered injections against her will, forcibly removed her from her residence, and confined her in a psychiatric hospital for several months.

RelatedPosts

28 Rescued, 22 Missing In Sokoto Boat Crash

US Court Finally Imprisons Top Yoruba Monarch

Cleaner On N30k Salary Returns N4.8m Mistakenly Paid Into Her Bank Account

She added that the officer had hindered her career advancement by denying her promotion courses because she allegedly rejected his advances.

She said, “In 2022, I was posted to Cantonment Medical Centre, Ojo, where I met Col IB Abdulkareem who requested sex from me and I refused. Ever since then, this man has been my nightmare in the Army, threatening to dismiss me each time.

“He comes to my room to inject me in my apartment. Send some boys to my house. If I’m lying I have all evidence. I have evidence against him and I have witnesses.

“He also stigmatised me that I have mental illness. Each time I try to expose him or each time any senior person or any senior officer tries to intervene, he will tell them I have a mental illness.

“He [froze] my account for one year. February last year till date, no salary.”

“Anytime he feels like he wants to embarrass me, he asks some soldiers to beat me. After beating me up, they will inject me. He will ask one Funke Ayeni, she is a female soldier, and he will ask her to set me up. She will set me up, inject me and they will go and throw me somewhere. At the end of the day, this Brig. Gen. IB Solebo and some of those senior colonels will come to that place; they will be videoing me,” she added.

Ogunleye appealed to Nigerians for support.

She acknowledged the potential consequences of her actions, anticipating a possible arrest.

According to her, her father has tried intervening with Col. IB Abdulkareem to bring her peace.

She claimed the officer told her father to relay the message to her to “Obey the last command.”

She said the “last order” was for the colonel to “sleep with me.”

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Army has promised to investigate Ogunleye’s allegations.

The Director of Army Public Relations, Maj. Gen. Nwachukwu Onyema, said the investigation was to ascertain the extent of her claims.

Onyema also slammed the female soldier, adding that she did not seek redress according to the laid-down procedure.

“The Nigerian Army has been inundated with audiovisuals making the rounds on social media of the unprofessional conduct of a female soldier in mufti who claimed to have been maltreated by some senior officers.

“It is instructive to state that, considering the gravity of the allegations, NA, as a disciplined force, will conduct a thorough investigation into the matter,” he said.

“We assure the general public that the NA as an institution is committed to upholding the integrity and morals of its personnel and as such, appropriate actions will be taken based on the findings of the investigation.

“We urge the public to allow the investigative process to take its course and refrain from making hasty judgments. The NA remains dedicated to serving our nation with honour and integrity,” he added.

This is the latest in reports of maltreatment by soldiers of the Nigerian army.

Inibehe Effiong, a public interest and human rights lawyer, recently petitioned the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Taoreed Lagbaja.

Effiong requested that the Army personnel responsible for assaulting police officer ASP Edet Inyang be identified and held accountable for their actions.

According to him, Inyang was subjected to torture by a group of Army personnel near the Nigerian Army’s 63 Brigade in Asaba, Delta State.

The incident reportedly took place on December 9, 2023, at a store where the policeman had gone to buy personal items.

Similarly, in November 2023, the Adamawa State Police Command headquarters in Yola was allegedly invaded by the Nigerian Army, killing an inspector of police identified as Jacob Daniel.

President Bola Tinubu issued a stern warning to the Nigerian Army in December to desist from carrying out retaliatory assaults on the police or the civilian population over any provocation.

Tags: BREAKING NEWSNigerian Army
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Boat Mishap
Metro

28 Rescued, 22 Missing In Sokoto Boat Crash

by ReportersAtLarge
August 27, 2025
0

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on Tuesday confirmed the recovery of three more bodies in the ongoing search and...

Read moreDetails
Apetu of Ipetumodu Oba Joseph Oloyede
Metro

US Court Finally Imprisons Top Yoruba Monarch

by ReportersAtLarge
August 27, 2025
0

U.S. District Judge Christopher A. Boyko has sentenced Apetu of Ipetumodu in Osun State, Oba Joseph Oloyede, a dual Nigerian...

Read moreDetails
Maiduguri Borno State Map
Metro

Cleaner On N30k Salary Returns N4.8m Mistakenly Paid Into Her Bank Account

by ReportersAtLarge
August 25, 2025
0

A cleaner on N30,000 monthly salary, Faiza Abdulkadir, has returned N4.8 million credited to her bank account by mistake in...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

India Rain Flood Landslides

Rain Triggers Landslides In Indian Himalayas, Over 50 killed

2 years ago
Prof. Rasaki Ojo Bakare

Ekiti Set To Establish Arts, Crafts And Tourism Village – Prof Bakare

5 years ago

Popular News

  • Seyi Makinde SAfER: From Poverty Alleviation To Wealth Creation

    Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Cleric Sends Strong Message To Tinubu, Obasanjo, Alaafin, Atiku, Others

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NiMet Predicts Floods In Lagos, Ogun, Six Others This Week

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Imo Governor Approves N104,000 Minimum Wage For Workers

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim August 28, 2025
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100% August 28, 2025
  • Cleric Sends Strong Message To Tinubu, Obasanjo, Alaafin, Atiku, Others August 28, 2025
  • NiMet Predicts Floods In Lagos, Ogun, Six Others This Week August 28, 2025
  • Imo Governor Approves N104,000 Minimum Wage For Workers August 27, 2025
January 2024
SMTWTFS
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031 
« Dec   Feb »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights