• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Saturday, May 23, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

BREAKING: 4 Aid Workers Killed In Boko Haram Attack In Borno —UN

by ReportersAtLarge
March 2, 2018
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai

Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

FOUR aid workers were killed in a Boko Haram attack in Rann, in northeast Nigeria, the UN said on Friday, in the latest violence to hit the remote town.

The attack happened “after dark” outside a camp housing some 55,000 people displaced by the conflict and appeared to target the military, said UN spokeswoman Samantha Newport.

ADVERTISEMENT

A civilian militia source in Rann, which is some 175 kilometres (110 miles) from the Borno state capital of Maiduguri, and a senior military source gave an identical death toll.

They also said eight soldiers were killed in the attack but there was no immediate official confirmation.

ALSO READ: Lai Mohammed Inaugurates Board For 13 Parastatals

RelatedPosts

New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home

Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

Newport said: “Four aid workers were killed, one aid worker was injured and one aid worker is missing, feared abducted.

“Of the aid workers that were killed, two worked for the IOM (International Organization for Migration) in camp management; and one was a medical doctor working as a third party consultant for UNICEF,” the UN children’s agency, she said.

No details were immediately available for the fourth but Newport said the injured and missing were both women. All those involved were Nigerian, she added.

ALSO READ: Restructuring: Don’t Kill Yourselves Over South’s Vanishing Oil, Atiku Tells North

Boko Haram fighters killed nine people from the Rann internally displaced persons (IDP) camp in September last year, as they worked on farms just outside the town.

In January last year, a botched Nigerian air strike intended to hit jihadist fighters killed at least 112 people as aid workers distributed food.

Commanders at the time called the bombing a mistake and blamed “the fog of war”.

ALSO READ: Nigeria: Babangida Calls For Unity

An air force board of inquiry later blamed “lack of appropriate marking of the area” for the bombardment and an unexpected gathering of people at the location.

Tags: Aid WorkersBoko HaramUN
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

President of the United States of America, Donald Trump on US Green Card application rules
World News

New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home

by ReportersAtLarge
May 22, 2026
0

The US has altered its Green Card application rules under a new Trump immigration policy. These legal immigration changes mean...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde speaking at a press briefing regarding the Oyo school kidnapping response Oyo Schools
News

Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

by ReportersAtLarge
May 22, 2026
0

Following the harrowing Ogbomoso school kidnapping, the ministry confirmed that travel outside Oyo schools has been suspended with immediate effect....

Read moreDetails
New JAMB Registrar Professor Segun Aina
News

Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

by ReportersAtLarge
May 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has named a new JAMB Registrar to succeed Professor Is-haq Oloyede. The historic JAMB appointment of Professor...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Goodluck Jonathan trapped in Guinea Bissau

Former Nigerian President Trapped In Guinea-Bissau

6 months ago
Police arrest 18 protesters at Lekki tollgate

BREAKING: Police Arrest 18 #OccupyLekkiTollgate Protesters, Detained Them In Black Maria

5 years ago

Popular News

  • President of the United States of America, Donald Trump on US Green Card application rules

    New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • APC Internal Crisis Imminent Over Faulty Primaries, Fayemi Warns

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria Tax Reform: Zacch Adedeji And Public Trust Issues

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home May 22, 2026
  • APC Internal Crisis Imminent Over Faulty Primaries, Fayemi Warns May 22, 2026
  • Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears May 22, 2026
  • Nigeria Tax Reform: Zacch Adedeji And Public Trust Issues May 21, 2026
  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack May 21, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights