• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Saturday, May 23, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News

My Wives Ran Away After When A Gov Infected Me With COVID-19 –El-Rufai

by ReportersAtLarge
May 30, 2021
in News, Featured
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai

Nasir El-Rufai

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on Saturday recalled how he contracted the dreaded COVID-19 from a fellow governor in 2020.

El-Rufai, while speaking at the seventh Ahmadu Bello Foundation lecture in Kaduna on Saturday, also said no fewer than 50,000 people would have been killed by the virus last year if a lockdown had not been imposed.

ADVERTISEMENT

The governor had, on March 26, 2020, imposed a lockdown on Kaduna, following the outbreak of the disease and partially lifted it on June 9, 2020, after 75 days.

According to him, he spent 26 days in isolation, adding that even his wives ran away from him.

The lecture tagged ‘COVID-19: Way forward for Northern Nigeria economy,’ was organised by the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation.

RelatedPosts

New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home

Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

El-Rufai said, “A governor infected me with COVID-19 virus and I brought it to Kaduna. I was locked up for 26 days. My wives ran away from me. Fifty thousand people in Kaduna would have died of COVID-19 last year, but for the fact that Kaduna State was the first to lock down.

“I am happy to say because of COVID-19, we have been able to put in place infectious disease wards in our hospitals. People travel around the world so there may be ‘COVID-25’ or 30. With what is happening in India, the situation is scary. But God has been very kind to us.”

Emphasising the need for the North to  improve on the quality of its leaders, the governor argued that 60 years after the demise of the  late Sarduana of Sokoto and premier of the defunct Northern region, Sir Ahmadu Bello, the region had yet to have a leader like him (Sarduana).

According to the governor, the late premier of the North remained the best leader the region had ever produced.

He noted that the North must produce leaders that cared for the people, adding that there was the need to provide jobs for the North before the 500 million estimated population of Nigeria by the year 2050.

Tags: BREAKING NEWSCOVID-19KadunaNasir Ahmad El-rufai Latest News
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

President of the United States of America, Donald Trump on US Green Card application rules
World News

New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home

by ReportersAtLarge
May 22, 2026
0

The US has altered its Green Card application rules under a new Trump immigration policy. These legal immigration changes mean...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde speaking at a press briefing regarding the Oyo school kidnapping response Oyo Schools
News

Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

by ReportersAtLarge
May 22, 2026
0

Following the harrowing Ogbomoso school kidnapping, the ministry confirmed that travel outside Oyo schools has been suspended with immediate effect....

Read moreDetails
New JAMB Registrar Professor Segun Aina
News

Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

by ReportersAtLarge
May 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has named a new JAMB Registrar to succeed Professor Is-haq Oloyede. The historic JAMB appointment of Professor...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Malami with Hauwa Wedding

Ex-Taraba First Lady Marks Third Wedding Anniversary With New Billionaire Husband, Malami

4 years ago
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo

Osinbajo Orders Resumption Of 24-Hour Port Operations

9 years ago

Popular News

  • President of the United States of America, Donald Trump on US Green Card application rules

    New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • APC Internal Crisis Imminent Over Faulty Primaries, Fayemi Warns

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria Tax Reform: Zacch Adedeji And Public Trust Issues

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • New US Green Card Application Rules Force Migrants To Go Home May 22, 2026
  • APC Internal Crisis Imminent Over Faulty Primaries, Fayemi Warns May 22, 2026
  • Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears May 22, 2026
  • Nigeria Tax Reform: Zacch Adedeji And Public Trust Issues May 21, 2026
  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack May 21, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights