• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Security Agencies Begin Manhunt For Financiers Of Owo Massacre

by ReportersAtLarge
August 11, 2022
in Featured, Metro
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Ondo Church Attack
Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

Security agencies have begun a manhunt for the financiers of the June 5, 2022, terrorist attack on the Saint Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State, in which 40 worshippers were killed and scores injured.

The Federal Government had earlier blamed the attack on the Islamic State West Africa Province terrorists, a claim the Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, contested.

However, it was gathered on Wednesday that the security operatives had identified the sponsors and directed all port and border authorities to be vigilant for them.

A security source told one of our correspondents that no fewer than nine of those involved in the bloody attack were in custody. The source also disclosed that security agencies launched a manhunt for five financiers.

The source said, ‘’The security agencies have nabbed nine persons for direct or indirect involvement in the bloody attack on the Owo Catholic Church. They are now in the process of apprehending the financiers and sponsors of the terror attack. Officers at the nation’s airports and borders have been ordered to watch out for and arrest the culprits who are on the run as they may be desperate to leave the country to evade justice.’’

RelatedPosts

28 Rescued, 22 Missing In Sokoto Boat Crash

US Court Finally Imprisons Top Yoruba Monarch

Cleaner On N30k Salary Returns N4.8m Mistakenly Paid Into Her Bank Account

However, The PUNCH could not independently confirm the claims.

When contacted, the Director of Defence Information, Major General Jimmy Akpor, stated that he had no information on the fleeing terror financiers or the efforts being made to apprehend them.

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Luck Irabor had on Tuesday disclosed that suspected terrorists involved in the Owo attack were arrested in Kogi state on August 1.

Speaking at a parley with editors and media executives at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, Irabor said those in custody include Idris Ojo, an ISWAP commander who escaped from the Kuje Medium Security Custodial Centre on July 5; Momoh Abubakar, Aliyu Itopa, Auwal Onimisi, Idris Omeiza and Jimoh Ibrahim.

But Irabor identified Omeiza and Ibrahim as the suspected masterminds of the attack.

However, Akeredolu faulted the CDS over the list of suspects in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Richard Olatunde, on Wednesday.

Akeredolu argued that Ojo was one of the escapees of Kuje Prison and not the Owo massacre perpetrator as claimed by the CDS.

Clarifying the CDS’ statement on the list of suspects, Akpor explained that Irabor disclosed that four terrorists were arrested in Kogi state.

According to him, out of the four suspects, Omeiza was the one linked with the Owo attack.

Tags: BREAKING NEWSOndo Church AttackOndo State News TodaySecurity Agencies
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Boat Mishap
Metro

28 Rescued, 22 Missing In Sokoto Boat Crash

by ReportersAtLarge
August 27, 2025
0

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on Tuesday confirmed the recovery of three more bodies in the ongoing search and...

Read moreDetails
Apetu of Ipetumodu Oba Joseph Oloyede
Metro

US Court Finally Imprisons Top Yoruba Monarch

by ReportersAtLarge
August 27, 2025
0

U.S. District Judge Christopher A. Boyko has sentenced Apetu of Ipetumodu in Osun State, Oba Joseph Oloyede, a dual Nigerian...

Read moreDetails
Maiduguri Borno State Map
Metro

Cleaner On N30k Salary Returns N4.8m Mistakenly Paid Into Her Bank Account

by ReportersAtLarge
August 25, 2025
0

A cleaner on N30,000 monthly salary, Faiza Abdulkadir, has returned N4.8 million credited to her bank account by mistake in...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

NAFDAC warns against Apples from Australia

Stop Eating Apple, Blackcurrant From Australia, NAFDAC Warns

5 years ago
Mr. Boboye Oyeyemi, FRSC Boss

FRSC Prepares 4,000 Traffic Violators For Psychiatric Test

8 years ago

Popular News

  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Cleric Sends Strong Message To Tinubu, Obasanjo, Alaafin, Atiku, Others

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NiMet Predicts Floods In Lagos, Ogun, Six Others This Week

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President August 29, 2025
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim August 28, 2025
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100% August 28, 2025
  • Cleric Sends Strong Message To Tinubu, Obasanjo, Alaafin, Atiku, Others August 28, 2025
  • NiMet Predicts Floods In Lagos, Ogun, Six Others This Week August 28, 2025
August 2022
SMTWTFS
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031 
« Jul   Sep »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights