• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Saturday, August 30, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Top Gear Cenotaph Stunt: Chris Evans Says Footage Should Be Cut

by ReportersAtLarge
March 14, 2016
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Chris Evans

Chris Evans

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

CHRIS Evans has said that footage of a stunt filmed near a London war memorial over the weekend should not be broadcast.

Fellow show host Matt LeBlanc and a professional driver performed “donuts” near to the Cenotaph on Whitehall.

Speaking on Monday morning, Evans said: “That footage will definitely not go on the air, no question about it.”

He added: “We’re all mortified by it, so absolutely, one hundred percent, it should not be shown.”

Chris Evans
Chris Evans

Later in the same interview, he clarified he does not have final say over which scenes will be broadcast, but said he suspected that other members of the production team would agree the footage should be left out.

RelatedPosts

Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

“It’s not my decision, but if it was my decision then I would say that particular scene shouldn’t be shown, and I think that everybody will agree,” he said.

Earlier in the morning, Evans apologised on air during his BBC Radio 2 breakfast show.

Referring to photos of the stunt printed in newspapers, Evans said he wanted to “apologise unreservedly for what these images seem to portray”.

“They look entirely disrespectful, which of course was not and would never be the intention of the Top Gear team, or Matt (LeBlanc).”

Evans made the apology on Monday morning during his BBC Radio 2 breakfast show.

“Donuts” – which have previously been performed many times on Top Gear – usually involve rotating the rear of a car around the front, a technique caused by making the rear wheels of a car spin more quickly than the front set.

They often leave circular skid marks on the road and sometimes cause smoke to emit from tyres due to friction.

“The images on the front pages of the papers today – it doesn’t matter what actually happened – what is important is what these images look like,” he said.

“It does not look good at all. There have been some completely incendiary comments written alongside these pictures and I completely understand all this furore, but the Top Gear team would never, ever, do that.

“Retrospectively it was unwise to be anywhere near the Cenotaph with this motorcar,” he added.

His comments came the morning after a former British military commander criticised the stunt during an interview to BBC Radio 5 live.

Col Richard Kemp told Stephen Nolan the war memorial should be shown “respect”.

Col Kemp likened the Cenotaph to a “cemetery” and said he did not want to see any clips featuring the memorial in the final edit.

He added it “does not need to have people screaming around in cars and generating smoke from their tyres all over it”.

A Top Gear spokesman said images taken by paparazzi made it look like filming had taken place closer than it had in reality.

According to BBC report the filming had been “agreed with Westminster Council in advance”.

But Col Kemp said: “People like Matt LeBlanc and other stars of Top Gear could never give to this country, or their own country, what those who have died fighting for it have given and I think a degree of respect is due to them.”

Earlier on Sunday, Chancellor George Osborne gave the Top Gear team a ticking off for making too much noise near Downing Street while he was writing the Budget.

The chancellor tweeted that a “noisy episode” was taking place near Horse Guards Parade on Sunday.

Tags: chris evanschris evans footageentertainment
SendShare1TweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives
News

Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

by ReportersAtLarge
August 30, 2025
0

The Michael Kolawole Omotosho (MKO) Foundation has officially launched a series of empowerment initiatives designed to transform the lives of...

Read moreDetails
The Bible Society of Nigeria
News

Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

by ReportersAtLarge
August 29, 2025
0

The Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN) has urged for inclusion of Nigerian youths in governance and policy making, saying their...

Read moreDetails
Seyi Makinde SAfER: From Poverty Alleviation To Wealth Creation
News

Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

by ReportersAtLarge
August 28, 2025
0

This mischievous claim, made by an APC lawmaker who is notorious for not attending plenaries and echoed by his party...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Lauren Simons, Second Youngest Graduate in the World

This 11-Year-Old Boy Is Second Youngest Graduate In World

4 years ago
FRSC-assisting-victim

FRSC Recovers Driver’s Corpse From Osasa River

6 years ago

Popular News

  • Ace Mall CEO Yinka Afonja Bags Poly Eruwa Foundation Fellowship Award

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100%

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • WorldNews

Recent Posts

  • Ace Mall CEO Yinka Afonja Bags Poly Eruwa Foundation Fellowship Award August 30, 2025
  • Empowering a Brighter Future: MKO Foundation Launches Life-Changing Initiatives August 30, 2025
  • Why Youths Must Have a Say In Governance – BSN President August 29, 2025
  • Oyo Government Slams APC Over False ₦300bn Loan Claim August 28, 2025
  • JUST IN: Immigration Increases Passport Fees By 100% August 28, 2025
March 2016
SMTWTFS
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031 
« Jan   Apr »
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2024 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights