Many people, unconsciously, dig their own grave daily by what they eat and drink. This is because they are ignorant of the danger in some of the foods they eat, which kill them slowly. Pathetically, they keep a number of these foods on their menu.
In this article is the list of five foods that are dangerous to human health, resulting in gradual but steady death, because some of these foods lead to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and cancer, among others. They can also lead to obesity and all the anxiety and depression that can come with it.
1. Alcohol: This may be argued yet the fact remains that alcohol has no health benefits. It has an extremely high level of calories, which can cause dehydration, liver damage, weight gain, depression, as well as skin problems. Worst still, it could make you lose your comportment and consciousness, which could lead you to make bad decisions when you are under the influence.
2. White Bread, Refined Flours: White bread that is made from refined flours has no health benefit but dangers. This is because it is stripped of all the nutritional fibre, minerals, and vitamins. It is full of grain waste, mixed with chemicals to achieve nice white colour. Eaters of white bread risk weight gain, thyroid damage, and organ damage.
3. Dairy: Dairy products are associated with low nutrient absorption, migraines, arthritis, cancer, allergies, and asthma. Coconut milk or almond milk are better alternatives to cow milk.
4. Barbecued Meats: The fact is the taste and aroma of a barbecue meet might be hard to resist, but resisting it would ensure better health and longevity for you. This is because the chemical which enters the meat during the process is linked with the risk of pancreatic cancer.
5. Fast Food: Many people patronise fast foods either for its sweet and tastes good and its availability almost at their beck and call. It is also considerably inexpensive. But what makes it taste so good is the same thing that is killing in it. These include trans-fats, sugar, salt, preservatives, additives, dyes, and other chemicals that enhance its looks and taste. This food can spike your risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, mood disorders, weight gain and metabolic disorders, among others.
6. Wheat: This is another great killer and destroyer of the body system. It contains a carbohydrate that suddenly and greatly increases your blood sugar levels, thereby triggering high insulin production and weight gain. It will ultimately make your pancreas become overworked and make you insulin resistant. This will then make you a diabetes patient.
7. Commercial Fruit Juices: Don’t believe the big flashy labels that say 100% fruit. Most of the time, the secret is in the fine print. Commercial fruit juice often contains added sugar, colouring, preservatives, and it can lose its nutrients during pasteurization. It is better for you to find a trusted local juice bar or make your own fruit juice at home.
8. Salt: Salt plays a big role in regulating our blood pressure. If you eat too much salt, you’ll have high blood pressure and increased risk of cardiovascular disease, which is among the leading causes of death in the world. So, limit the amount and be careful of the sodium levels in processed foods. Maximum of 3.75 grams of sodium per day is enough and safe for you. It poses a serious health risk for you once it is above 6 grams.
9. Canned Tomato Sauce: This is killing because it has hidden high level of sugar and sodium, hence it could lead to increased risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and even tooth decay. To stay healthy and save your life, use fresh tomatoes to prepare your sauce, or consider pureed tomatoes without the extra sugar or salt.
10. Soda or Carbonated: This can mess up everything about your health, harming your skin, blood sugar levels, hormones and even your mood. Though manufacturers of these drinks boast that it contains nutrients or vitamins, it is a bunch of sugar, food dyes and preservatives. Event the acclaimed sugar-free ones are no better because they are packed with harmful artificial sweeteners.
11. Sugar: This could be highly addictive. Unfortunately, it can spike your glucose levels and create fat in your body, while also leading to heart disease. Continued intake of sugar can increase the risk of diabetes, cancer, obesity, heart disease, and much more for you.
12. Vegetable Oil: This has almost become indispensable in most people’s daily cooking, but some of these oils are GMO with long-term negative effects on human health. For instance, it contains dangerous trans-fats that can trigger cardiovascular disease, obesity, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease. Some of the healthy alternatives are olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil.
13. Margarine: It is one of the unhealthiest foods you can ever think of. It is like a very lousy version of butter that’s made with hydrogenated vegetable oils, more unnatural than you can ever think. It has fats that can damage your heart, blood vessels, and mess up your cholesterol levels. Butter, olive oil and avocado oil are healthier alternatives.