• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

COVID-19: Fayemi Confirms Fresh Positive Case, Says She Sneaked In From Lagos

by ReportersAtLarge
April 18, 2020
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Dr Kayode Fayemi

Dr Kayode Fayemi

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

The Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi has confirmed a fresh positive case of Coronavirus, bringing to three the number of confirmed cases so far identified in the state.

Fayemi disclosed that the third COVID-19 index case in the state who is a pregnant 29-year-old female Community Health Worker with Lagos State sneaked into Ekiti in spite of the lockdown and closure of the borders.

ADVERTISEMENT

The governor made this disclosure on Saturday in Ado-Ekiti, while updating the state on the spread and challenge of COVID-19 and how far his government has gone in stemming the spread of the dreaded pandemic.

Fayemi who lamented the alleged infidelity of security agencies at the borders, which he said was responsible for why the woman gained access to Ekiti during a lockdown.

He directed the security agencies to em place watertight security at Ekiti entry point to restrict influx of people to the state.

RelatedPosts

The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy

Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade

Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored

“Sadly, Ekiti State has confirmed a third COVID-19 positive case. This new case is a pregnant 29-year-old female Community Health Worker with Lagos State who sneaked into Ekiti State in spite of the lockdown.

“She presented herself at a State Comprehensive Primary Healthcare facility in active labour on Monday April 13, 2020. After a prolonged labour with fatal distress, she was referred to a teaching hospital but decided to go to a private hospital instead.

“A caesarean section was performed on the patient and the baby was delivered safely. However, she suffered a cardiac arrest and was referred to the Federal Teaching Hospital Ido Ekiti where she is currently unconscious.

“The suspicion of COVID-19 infection and subsequent testing was at the Federal Tertiary institution. The Ekiti State COVID-19 Taskforce has already commenced contact tracing of the new case as at this morning, we have over 30 primary contacts on our list already.

“The baby is alive and under surveillance while the private clinic has been sealed off and medical personnel who interacted with this case during her obstetrics and gynaecology emergency have been contacted and put in self isolation.

“By the time we include secondary and tertiary contacts, this one case may have put hundreds of unsuspecting people at risk of COVID-19 infection in Ekiti State.

Fayemi said this unfortunate incident underscores the reasoning behind state’s emphasis on protecting Ekiti from an outbreak of the pandemic by his directive of total lockdown on the state.

“The infidelity of our people and the security personnel enabled this patient to gain access to our state even during a boundary shut down, therefore putting the lives of so many people at risk, and putting Ekiti State under the dreaded possibility of community infection.

“Due to this new case, government may have to consider further extension of the lockdown at least until all possible direct and indirect contacts of this woman have been traced and placed in self-isolation as minimum period of incubation is 14 days for every new infection”.

The governor added that his team is already working tirelessly to increase the bed space of our isolation centre from 10 to 120 beds in case of an exponential outbreak .

Fayemi said his brother governors from the southwest had held a joint meeting on the need to close down the borders and stop inter state transportation, saying this will be effected with zeal.

Also speaking, the Commissioner of Police, Ekiti State, Mr Asuquo Amba, said any police or security agent caught compromising the lockdown directive will be made to face the full weight of the law.

“We are going to increase our patrol and surveillance at the borders. Any of our officers and men who behaves in an unprofessional way will be held accountable for his actions”, he threatened.

Tags: Coronavirus in Ekiti StateCOVID-19Ekiti State COVID-19 TaskforceKayode Fayemi
SendShare44TweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Bola Ahmed Tinubu addressing a political coalition meeting in Nigeria - Tinubu Presidency
Opinion

The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy

by ReportersAtLarge
May 17, 2026
0

The Bola Tinubu presidency now faces its most isolating challenge as historic Nigerian economic reforms test public patience. This analysis...

Read moreDetails
Port Harcourt Refinery - Nigeria refinery rehabilitation - Nigeria Refinery Crisis
Opinion

Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade

by ReportersAtLarge
May 16, 2026
0

The ongoing Nigeria refinery crisis highlights a painful era of policy hesitation that compromised domestic refining self-sufficiency. This deep-dive exposes...

Read moreDetails
Major General Hakeem Otiki
News

Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored

by ReportersAtLarge
May 16, 2026
0

The General Hakeem Otiki Supreme Court judgment has officially ended the controversial Nigerian Army appeal. The historic ruling permanently throws...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

firs logo

Collection Of Stamp Duty By NIPOST Unconstitutional —FIRS

6 years ago
Chibok Girls

Buhari Vows To Rescue Remaining Chibok Girls

8 years ago

Popular News

  • Adedeji Dhikrullahi Olajide Odidiomo - Oyo South senatorial race

    Olajide Declares For Oyo South Senatorial Race Under APM

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • WHO Declares DR Congo Ebola Outbreak International Emergency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • Olajide Declares For Oyo South Senatorial Race Under APM May 18, 2026
  • WHO Declares DR Congo Ebola Outbreak International Emergency May 17, 2026
  • The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy May 17, 2026
  • Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade May 16, 2026
  • Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored May 16, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights