• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News Metro

NAF Bombs Terrorists’ Stronghold, Kills Kingpin, 17 Others

by ReportersAtLarge
August 11, 2022
in Metro, Featured
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Nigerian Air Force Plane Crash in Abuja
Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) said its fighter jets have bombarded terrorists’ logistics base in Kaduna State, killing 18 terrorists, including their kingpin, one Alhaji Shanono.

The air strike conducted by the Air Component of Operation Whirl Punch, followed intelligence that Alhaji Shanono had scheduled a meeting with his foot soldiers at Ukambo village, about 131 kilometres from Kaduna, the state capital.

ADVERTISEMENT

NAF Director, Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, who made the disclosure in a statement, said 30 rifles and 20 motorbikes were destroyed during the air strike, leaving several terrorists with various gunshot injuries, while 26 kidnapped victims held by the bandits were rescued.

He said in the Northwest, specifically, the effect of strikes undertaken by NAF aircraft revealed that several terrorists had been eliminated and their enclaves destroyed. He said one of such strikes, which occurred on August 9, 2022 resulted in the elimination of a well known terrorist leader who operated in Kaduna State.

“Indeed, following receipt of intelligence on August 9, 2022, that a well known terrorists’ kingpin, Alhaji Shanono, had scheduled a meeting with his foot soldiers at Ukambo, a village about 131km from Kaduna, the air component of Operation Whirl Punch dispatched aircraft for interdiction mission at the location. Overhead the location, terrorists were sighted under clusters of trees at the foot of Ukambo high ground, and after ensuring the absence of civilian settlements within the location, the crew received the authorisation to strike.

RelatedPosts

Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

Oyo State School Abduction: Rescue Operation Ongoing – Makinde

Oyo School Kidnapping: Makinde Deploys Troops To Rescue Victims

“Feedback from local sources disclosed that over 30 rifles and 20 motorbikes were destroyed, while about 18 terrorists, including Alhaji Shanono, were neutralised, while others sustained various degrees of injuries. Sources also revealed that not less than 26 kidnapped victims earlier held by the terrorists were released as a result of the airstrike.

“Similar strikes were also undertaken in the Northeast as well. There, the air component of Operation Hadin Kai had their tasks well cut out for them as they had been fully engaged in conducting air interdiction missions on terrorists’ targets in Borno State. One of such operations was conducted on August 6, 2022, at Gazuwa, about 1.2 kilometres to Gargash, after intelligences revealed that infighting for relevance and supremacy was underway between terrorists of the Shekau faction and terrorists aligned to Islamic State of West Africa (ISWAP).

“The state of confusion and disorder among the two terrorists’ factions, thus, presented an opportunity for a surprise strike by NAF pilots, which was carried out using two aircraft types. It should be noted that though the map coordinates led the pilots to the exact site of the infighting, the location also had an ISWAP flag hoisted on the structure and three solar panels on the rooftop.

“Intelligence received and corroborated by local sources revealed the strike was a success, as the terrorists did not anticipate it with several of them eliminated and others injured. The impact of the strikes was said to have reverberated through the remaining terrorists’ camps who were beginning to realise that they were fighting an unjust and lost cause that would no doubt lead to their death. Most were said to be contemplating surrendering just like others before them.”

Tags: BREAKING NEWSNigerian Air Force
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Honourable Adedeji Dhikrullahi Olajide Odidiomo on Digital Security Technology
Metro

Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

by ReportersAtLarge
May 20, 2026
0

Following recent Oyo state kidnapping cases, Hon Adedeji Dhikrullahi Stanley Olajide has pushed for digital security technology integration. The committee...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde on Oyo State School Abduction
Metro

Oyo State School Abduction: Rescue Operation Ongoing – Makinde

by ReportersAtLarge
May 19, 2026
0

Following the tragic Oyo State school abductions, a major Oriire rescue operation is tracking the captors. Governor Seyi Makinde issued...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde speaking at a press briefing regarding the Oyo school kidnapping response.
Metro

Oyo School Kidnapping: Makinde Deploys Troops To Rescue Victims

by ReportersAtLarge
May 18, 2026
0

Following the tragic Oyo school kidnapping, Governor Seyi Makinde security forces have launched a rescue mission. Several suspects are in...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Kayode Fayemi

Ekiti 2018: Ekiti Rescue Team Congratulates Fayemi

8 years ago
Chief Onikepo Akande

Makinde Came Prepared For Governance – Ex-Minister Onikepo Akande

1 year ago

Popular News

  • Bashorun Akinwale Akinwole - Wolekanle on Oriire banditry attack

    Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman Awards Prizes At The Polytechnic Ibadan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack May 21, 2026
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar May 21, 2026
  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation May 20, 2026
  • Bishop Aladekugbe Warns Politicians Against Exploiting Oyo State School Abduction May 20, 2026
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman Awards Prizes At The Polytechnic Ibadan May 20, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights