• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Group Scores Buhari High On War Against Terrorism, Corruption

by Agbedeyi Segun
July 28, 2016
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Nigerian President

President Muhammadu Buhari

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

THE Concerned Northern Patriots scored President Muhammadu Buhari high on war against terrorism and corruption.

The group, which met in Abuja on Thursday to review the one year administration of President Buhari, also pledged to work with all interest groups that are positive towards the Buhari led-administration.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a Communique issued at the end of the meeting, and signed by the chairman of the group, Alhaji Muhammadu Gwaska, the group noted that the anti-graft agencies have been revitalised to investigate and prosecute corruption cases.

The group added that recently, Boko Haram has been dislodged in various local governments which it occupied previously in the north east.

“In the war against corruption, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and other security agencies have been revitalised and made more credible, and various cases of corruption are at various levels of investigation or prosecution.

RelatedPosts

Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation

“On the issues of security of lives and property, and the Boko Haram insurgency in the north east, the group said, it is common knowledge that Boko Haram has been degraded and dislodged in the various local governments they held in the north east,” the group added.

The also commended President Buhari over the releasing bailout funds to states to pay their workers salaries, saying, “in order to lessen the suffering at the state level, President Buhari released bailouts to states to states clear the arrears of salaries.

On the economy, the group said that the introduction of Treasury Single Account (TSA) which has recovered over N3 Trillion is a singular bold decision that was taken by the present administration.

The group further commended the recent move by the government to reduce unemployment by initiating the 500,000 teachers recruitment across the country.

The northern elders, however urged President Buhari to give listening ear to the genuine complaints of Nigerians in order to discourage infiltration.

As patriots, who would want to see development and harmony in this country, we would also implore President Muhammadu Buhari to continue be the listening President that he is and look into the genuine complaints from members of his party and Nigerians in general, in order to discourage infiltration of spoilers in the rank of his party and government,” the group added.

Tags: NigeriaNorthern NigeriaPOLITICSPresident Buhari
SendShareTweetShare
Agbedeyi Segun

Agbedeyi Segun

More

Governor Seyi Makinde speaking at a press briefing regarding the Oyo school kidnapping response Oyo Schools
News

Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

by ReportersAtLarge
May 22, 2026
0

Following the harrowing Ogbomoso school kidnapping, the ministry confirmed that travel outside Oyo schools has been suspended with immediate effect....

Read moreDetails
New JAMB Registrar Professor Segun Aina
News

Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

by ReportersAtLarge
May 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has named a new JAMB Registrar to succeed Professor Is-haq Oloyede. The historic JAMB appointment of Professor...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde signing the 2026 Oyo State Security Regulation law executive order.
News

Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation

by ReportersAtLarge
May 20, 2026
0

Governor Seyi Makinde has signed a historic executive order establishing strict Oyo State security regulation for all local defense units....

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Two New Orleans teens make math discovery

New Orleans Teens Make Historic Mathematics Discovery

3 years ago
Dr Kayode Fayemi

My Govt’ll Ensure Rapid All-Round Development In Ekiti ― Fayemi

6 years ago

Popular News

  • Governor Seyi Makinde speaking at a press briefing regarding the Oyo school kidnapping response Oyo Schools

    Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria Tax Reform: Zacch Adedeji And Public Trust Issues

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • Makinde Suspends Excursions In Oyo Schools Over Rising Security Fears May 22, 2026
  • Nigeria Tax Reform: Zacch Adedeji And Public Trust Issues May 21, 2026
  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack May 21, 2026
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar May 21, 2026
  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation May 20, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights