• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Why I Killed Ekiti Monarch, Oba Gbadebo – Suspect Confesses

by ReportersAtLarge
August 25, 2018
in Featured, News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

THE suspect who allegedly stabbed the traditional ruler of Odo Oro Ekiti, Oba Gbadebo Ogunsakin, to death, yesterday, confessed to the crime.

He said he carried out the act to reclaim the throne.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the 40-year-old Omonoyi Ademola, who was said to be mentally unstable before the crime, said he never knew the Oba would die.

Omoniyi, who looked unkempt and unremorseful, shocked journalists with his eloquence and spoken English when he was paraded by the state Commissioner of Police, Mr Bello Muhammed, along with 26 other suspects.

He claimed that the late Oba first attacked him when he visited the palace to pass important information to him.

RelatedPosts

The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy

Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade

Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored

He said he was told by the spirits and his family that it was the turn of his clan to reign over the community, and based on this information, he headed for the palace on the fateful day.

“I never went to the palace with the intention of killing the monarch,” he said.

He explained that it was when the Oba heard of the message he brought that he attacked him, claiming he did not know the monarch would die as a result of his retaliation.

Earlier, Muhammed told journalists that he did not believe Omoniyi was an insane person, going by his conduct and actions so far, saying it is illogical to think that a man said to be a mad person would kill a whole Oba with a knife and choose to escape into the bush and later travelled down to Ado Ekiti, where he was later arrested.

Muhammed also hinted on the arrest of a number of persons suspected to have links with the recent murder of the late Bunmi Ojo, former personal assistant to the former governor of the state, Segun Oni, and one-time commissioner in the Federal Character Commission (FCC).

He explained that the alleged killers were not paraded yesterday in order not to jeopardise the efforts to arrest those still at large.

The Police boss said 27 suspects had so far been picked in connection with various crimes in the state, such as murder, cultism and armed robbery, including 16 cultists, seven murder suspects and four armed robbery suspects.

He, however, appealed to residents to continue to partner with the command in its bid to rid the state of crimes.

Tags: Oba Gbadebo OgunsakinOdo Oro EkitiTraditional Ruler
SendShare2TweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Bola Ahmed Tinubu addressing a political coalition meeting in Nigeria - Tinubu Presidency
Opinion

The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy

by ReportersAtLarge
May 17, 2026
0

The Bola Tinubu presidency now faces its most isolating challenge as historic Nigerian economic reforms test public patience. This analysis...

Read moreDetails
Port Harcourt Refinery - Nigeria refinery rehabilitation - Nigeria Refinery Crisis
Opinion

Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade

by ReportersAtLarge
May 16, 2026
0

The ongoing Nigeria refinery crisis highlights a painful era of policy hesitation that compromised domestic refining self-sufficiency. This deep-dive exposes...

Read moreDetails
Major General Hakeem Otiki
News

Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored

by ReportersAtLarge
May 16, 2026
0

The General Hakeem Otiki Supreme Court judgment has officially ended the controversial Nigerian Army appeal. The historic ruling permanently throws...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Nigerian President

Buhari Congratulates Nigerien President On His Re-Election

10 years ago
yemi-osinbajo

New Minimum Wage Will Be Ready September — FG

8 years ago

Popular News

  • DR Congo Ebola Outbreak

    WHO Declares DR Congo Ebola Outbreak International Emergency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo School Abduction: Gunmen kill Teacher, Abduct Vice Principal, Pupils

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • WHO Declares DR Congo Ebola Outbreak International Emergency May 17, 2026
  • The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy May 17, 2026
  • Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade May 16, 2026
  • Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored May 16, 2026
  • Oyo School Abduction: Gunmen kill Teacher, Abduct Vice Principal, Pupils May 15, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights