• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News Metro

Tension In Abuja Over US Terror Alert, As Troops Nab Boko Haram Kingpins

by ReportersAtLarge
October 25, 2022
in Metro, Featured
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Boko Haram - ISWAP fighters

ISWAP fighters.

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

In a swift response to the terror alert by the United States, many schools in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), mostly private, basic and secondary schools, have temporarily closed their gates against the students.

Similarly, many worship centres have strengthened the security of their environments as precautionary measures against any unexpected terror attack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Trust reports that before Sunday’s advisory by the US Embassy in Nigeria, security forces had been working hard to avert severe attacks on Abuja and its environs by terrorists loyal to the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP).

Credible security sources said many terrorists and their collaborators who have been mapping and strategising on how to launch multiple attacks to attract global attention had been arrested in Abuja and neighbouring communities.

The sources said the advisory issued by the US Embassy in Abuja on Sunday was to emphasise the obvious truth that terrorists and other criminal elements have established several cells, especially in the outskirts of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

RelatedPosts

Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

Oyo State School Abduction: Rescue Operation Ongoing – Makinde

Oyo School Kidnapping: Makinde Deploys Troops To Rescue Victims

They said the terrorists were receiving “guidance” from their superiors living within and outside Nigeria on how to perfect “the massive onslaught on the symbol of authority” to prove that they were still strong and could attack anywhere.

It was learnt that their influx into Abuja was a sequel to massive aerial reconnaissance and ground operations by Nigerian troops in the far northern Borno bordering Chad, Niger and Cameroon and the Alagarno and Sambosa forests in North East, as well as bombardments in forested areas in parts of Kaduna, Katsina and Zamfara states all in North West that led to the destruction of many cells and bonkers of the terrorists.

Some of our sources said yesterday that some ISWAP commanders and foot soldiers have melted into the civilian population in and around Abuja perfecting plans to launch attacks about the same time.

The sources said most embassies in Nigeria were aware of this, and therefore, the announcement by the US Embassy might just be one of such advisories, as others must have quietly told their citizens to be on the watch.

The US Embassy in Nigeria had warned Americans in the country to be cautious of their movement in response to what it called “elevated risk of terror attacks in Nigeria, specifically in Abuja.”

In the security alert issued on Sunday, the US advised its citizens to avoid all non-essential travels or movements, stay alert and avoid crowds.

“The advisory is true but we have been working on the issue for months, we have been arresting suspects and they are revealing a lot to us,” one of our sources, said.

“We have gone far in securing not only the FCT but Nigeria at large…The terrorists have no hiding place anymore because we are tracking and picking them.

“We know all their antics. Many of them are working as mechanics, tailors, carpenters, labourers and even experts in some fields…We know what is happening,” he said.

Kingpins picked around FCT

Daily Trust reports that about two weeks ago, two high-profile terrorists were located at the Tipper garage, along the Kubwa Express Road by Jahi District and security operatives put them on their radar.

And on Thursday, October 20, one Abubakar Dan Borno, an ISWAP kingpin who fled from the Sambisa Forest, was picked at Mararaba, a suburb of Abuja in Nasarawa State after days of trail. The suspect was reportedly handed over to the military and taken to the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) for interrogation.

Our correspondent reports that intelligence has shown that some of the terrorists targeting Abuja live in Kaduna, Kano and other north-western states and only come to Abuja from time to time to have face-to-face interaction with the foot soldiers they planted.

Sources said one Abubakar Musa, an ISWAP logistics facilitator, who was picked yesterday, was trailed and arrested at the Falgore village in Tudun Wada LGA of Kano State.

It was learnt that many others were being trailed and picked as part of efforts to break the circle working hard to wreak havoc on the FCT and other major towns across Nigeria.

“There are many reasons for the desperation by the terrorists,” another source told the Daily Trust last night.

“The first is to show the world that they are still strong and very much around even though this claim is questionable considering that they have been checkmated and many of their cells destroyed.

“Another source is to simply embarrass the government. You know that President Buhari has said that he will bequeath a safe country by May 2023. Governor El- Rufai also few days ago said they have recorded many days without attacks in Kaduna. These are good stories that those against the Nigerian State would not like to hear,” he said.

REPORTERS AT LARGE earlier reported that the former Minister of Defence, General Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma (retd.) has again called on Nigerians to take up arms against terrorists and bandits. He said it is sad that Nigeria, the most prominent black country in the world, is under siege by terrorists who are trying to root out the citizens.

Tags: Boko HaramBREAKING NEWSNigeriaUS Embassy in Nigeria
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Honourable Adedeji Dhikrullahi Olajide Odidiomo on Digital Security Technology
Metro

Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

by ReportersAtLarge
May 20, 2026
0

Following recent Oyo state kidnapping cases, Hon Adedeji Dhikrullahi Stanley Olajide has pushed for digital security technology integration. The committee...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde on Oyo State School Abduction
Metro

Oyo State School Abduction: Rescue Operation Ongoing – Makinde

by ReportersAtLarge
May 19, 2026
0

Following the tragic Oyo State school abductions, a major Oriire rescue operation is tracking the captors. Governor Seyi Makinde issued...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde speaking at a press briefing regarding the Oyo school kidnapping response.
Metro

Oyo School Kidnapping: Makinde Deploys Troops To Rescue Victims

by ReportersAtLarge
May 18, 2026
0

Following the tragic Oyo school kidnapping, Governor Seyi Makinde security forces have launched a rescue mission. Several suspects are in...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Boss Mustapha

COVID-19: FG Bans Ministers, Govt Officials From All Travels

6 years ago
Naira Redesign - Naira Notes

CBN Bows To Pressures, Orders Banks To Collect Old N500, N1,000 Notes

3 years ago

Popular News

  • Bashorun Akinwale Akinwole - Wolekanle on Oriire banditry attack

    Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman Awards Prizes At The Polytechnic Ibadan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack May 21, 2026
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar May 21, 2026
  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation May 20, 2026
  • Bishop Aladekugbe Warns Politicians Against Exploiting Oyo State School Abduction May 20, 2026
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman Awards Prizes At The Polytechnic Ibadan May 20, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights