• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News Metro

Oyo Police Dismiss Claims Of Hoodlums Burning 200 Houses, 29 Cars In Ibadan

*Arrest Six Suspects

by ReportersAtLarge
January 30, 2021
in Metro, Featured
Reading Time: 1 min read
0
Oyo Commissioner of Police, Ngozi Onadeko

Oyo Commissioner of Police, Ngozi Onadeko.

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

Oyo Police Command has refuted the claims that 200 houses and 29 cars were set on fire at Odo-Osun/Ita Baale/Aderogba areas of Ibadan, saying that an incident of such magnitude did not occur, and was a figment of the imagination of such rumour peddlers.

It added that six suspects were arrested and gun recovered in connection with the crisis at Labiran area and its environs on Saturday, January 30, 2021, by police teams deployed to the areas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking on the issue in a statement, the state police spokesman, CSP Olugbenga Fadeyi said that what happened was that hoodlums from the areas came out in the early hours of January 29, with dangerous weapons, to loot shops and make a bonfire.

Fadeyi disclosed that a house and two shops were looted, culminating in the swift response of police patrol teams to douse tension and dislodge the hoodlums.

He added that while patrols were intensified to forestall further attacks and lootings, the hoodlums came out of Aderogba area at about 8:15p.m., and attempted to vandalize and loot shops at Beyerunka and Ogbori Efon areas.

RelatedPosts

Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

Oyo State School Abduction: Rescue Operation Ongoing – Makinde

Oyo School Kidnapping: Makinde Deploys Troops To Rescue Victims

“Police patrol teams and that of Amotekun were drafted to the area. During a hot chase by the teams, a cut-to-size dane gun was recovered from one of the hoodlums, while the bonfire made by them was put out,” he said.

This, he added, made the hoodlums flee the scene, while the constant patrol was intensified in the areas after normalcy had been restored.

The PPRO stated further that the police were on the trail of the hoodlums, for more arrests and subsequent prosecution in a court of law.

Tags: BREAKINGBREAKING NEWSIbadanLatest Oyo State NewsNigeria PoliceOyo Police
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Honourable Adedeji Dhikrullahi Olajide Odidiomo on Digital Security Technology
Metro

Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

by ReportersAtLarge
May 20, 2026
0

Following recent Oyo state kidnapping cases, Hon Adedeji Dhikrullahi Stanley Olajide has pushed for digital security technology integration. The committee...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde on Oyo State School Abduction
Metro

Oyo State School Abduction: Rescue Operation Ongoing – Makinde

by ReportersAtLarge
May 19, 2026
0

Following the tragic Oyo State school abductions, a major Oriire rescue operation is tracking the captors. Governor Seyi Makinde issued...

Read moreDetails
Governor Seyi Makinde speaking at a press briefing regarding the Oyo school kidnapping response.
Metro

Oyo School Kidnapping: Makinde Deploys Troops To Rescue Victims

by ReportersAtLarge
May 18, 2026
0

Following the tragic Oyo school kidnapping, Governor Seyi Makinde security forces have launched a rescue mission. Several suspects are in...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

pdp logo

PDP Accuses INEC, APC Of Fresh Plot To Rig 2019 Elections

8 years ago
Akinwunmi Ambode

Epe Residents Protest EFCC Raids On Ambode’s House

7 years ago

Popular News

  • Bashorun Akinwale Akinwole - Wolekanle on Oriire banditry attack

    Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman Awards Prizes At The Polytechnic Ibadan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • Wolekanle Postpones Birthday Over Oriire Banditry Attack May 21, 2026
  • Tinubu Appoints 39-Year-Old Prof Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar May 21, 2026
  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation May 20, 2026
  • Bishop Aladekugbe Warns Politicians Against Exploiting Oyo State School Abduction May 20, 2026
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman Awards Prizes At The Polytechnic Ibadan May 20, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights