• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home News

No Date Fixed For Full Schools’ Resumption —FG

*Says 78 Private Varsities Ready To Resume

by ReportersAtLarge
August 24, 2020
in News, Featured
Reading Time: 1 min read
0
Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba

Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba

Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

The Minister of State for Education, Mr Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, said no date has been fixed yet for full schools’ resumption even though the Federal Government had continued to engage stakeholders.

Nwajiuba said this during the briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 on Monday in Abuja.

ADVERTISEMENT

The minister, however, expressed optimism that the date for resumption was “around the corner”, adding, that “we are not going to be brandishing dates.”

He disclosed that he and the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, met some stakeholders in tertiary education earlier in the day on the issue.

Nwajiuba said “about 78 privately-owned universities are insisting that they were ready for resumption” while the response from government-owned universities was still “50-50”.

RelatedPosts

The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy

Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade

Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored

He said that after aggregating opinions, he would return to the PTF to review the situation and then go ahead to make a pronouncement.

The minister urged students of tertiary institutions protesting the continued closure of their schools to be a little more patient with the government.

Tags: Chukwuemeka NwajiubaCOVID-19 pandemicNigerian Schools Resumption Date
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Bola Ahmed Tinubu addressing a political coalition meeting in Nigeria - Tinubu Presidency
Opinion

The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy

by ReportersAtLarge
May 17, 2026
0

The Bola Tinubu presidency now faces its most isolating challenge as historic Nigerian economic reforms test public patience. This analysis...

Read moreDetails
Port Harcourt Refinery - Nigeria refinery rehabilitation - Nigeria Refinery Crisis
Opinion

Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade

by ReportersAtLarge
May 16, 2026
0

The ongoing Nigeria refinery crisis highlights a painful era of policy hesitation that compromised domestic refining self-sufficiency. This deep-dive exposes...

Read moreDetails
Major General Hakeem Otiki
News

Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored

by ReportersAtLarge
May 16, 2026
0

The General Hakeem Otiki Supreme Court judgment has officially ended the controversial Nigerian Army appeal. The historic ruling permanently throws...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Ghanaian tourists drove from Accra to London

13 Ghanaians Driving From Accra To UK Safely Arrive In London

3 years ago
Seyi Makinde at the Inauguration of Oyo Commissioners

Ibadan Schools Demolition: Oyo Govt To Investigate, Prosecute Offenders

6 years ago

Popular News

  • DR Congo Ebola Outbreak

    WHO Declares DR Congo Ebola Outbreak International Emergency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo School Abduction: Gunmen kill Teacher, Abduct Vice Principal, Pupils

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • WHO Declares DR Congo Ebola Outbreak International Emergency May 17, 2026
  • The Tinubu Enigma: Tinubu Presidency And The Lonely Burden Of Power, Legacy May 17, 2026
  • Nigeria Refinery Crisis: The Policy Lies Of A Lost Decade May 16, 2026
  • Supreme Court Clears General Hakeem Otiki, Full Military Honours Restored May 16, 2026
  • Oyo School Abduction: Gunmen kill Teacher, Abduct Vice Principal, Pupils May 15, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights