• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Reporters At Large
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Reporters At Large
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Several Hurt In ‘Terrorist’ Incident On London Underground Train

by ReportersAtLarge
September 15, 2017
in Featured, World News
Reading Time: 1 min read
0
britain-security
Share on WhatsappShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin

SEVERAL people were injured on Friday after witnesses reported there had been a blast on a packed rush-hour commuter train in London and police said they were treating it as a terrorism incident.

Passengers on board a train heading into the capital fled as fire engulfed a carriage at Parsons Green underground station in West London at 8.20 a.m. (0720 GMT), with some suffering burns and other injuries in a stampede to escape, witnesses said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The London ambulance service said it had taken 18 people to hospital, but said none were thought to be in a serious condition.

Neil Basu, the senior national coordinator for counter-terrorism policing, declared it a terrorist incident. Prime Minister Theresa May will chair a meeting of Britain’s emergency response committee later on Friday, her office said.

“It is too early to confirm the cause of the fire, which will be subject to the investigation that is now underway by the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command,” London police said in a statement.

RelatedPosts

Cyril Ramaphosa Impeachment Looms After Landmark Court Ruling

Iran War Negotiations Reopen As Tehran Offers New Terms

US-Iran War Cost Hits $25bn, Pentagon Confirms

Pictures taken at the scene showed a white bucket with a supermarket freezer bag on the floor of one train carriage. The bucket was in flames and there appeared to be wires coming out of the top.

“I was on second carriage from the back. I just heard a kind of whoosh. I looked up and saw the whole carriage engulfed in flames making its way toward me,” Ola Fayankinnu, who was on the train, told Reuters.

Tags: LondonLondon TrainTerrorist IncidentUnderground Train
SendShareTweetShare
ReportersAtLarge

ReportersAtLarge

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

More

Julius Malema of the EFF speaking to media regarding the Cyril Ramaphosa impeachment ruling
World News

Cyril Ramaphosa Impeachment Looms After Landmark Court Ruling

by ReportersAtLarge
May 8, 2026
0

The South Africa Constitutional Court has ruled that Parliament acted unlawfully in blocking the Cyril Ramaphosa impeachment. The Phala Phala...

Read moreDetails
Iranian Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei and US President Donald Trump, separated by a map of a blocked Strait of Hormuz and symbols of military conflict. - Iran War Negotiations
World News

Iran War Negotiations Reopen As Tehran Offers New Terms

by ReportersAtLarge
May 1, 2026
0

Iran has delivered a new peace proposal to the US via Pakistani mediators to end the ongoing conflict. The move...

Read moreDetails
Pentagon official testifying before House Armed Services Committee regarding US-Iran war cost.
World News

US-Iran War Cost Hits $25bn, Pentagon Confirms

by ReportersAtLarge
April 29, 2026
0

The Pentagon has officially confirmed that the US-Iran war cost has reached $25 billion, sparking intense debate over Pentagon military...

Read moreDetails
Load More

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Godwin-emefiele-cbn-governor

N2.6bn Fraud: Arraignment Of 16 Bank Staff Adjourned Till July 4

10 years ago
Gambia President, Jameh

Ex-President Yahya Jammeh Leaves The Gambia

9 years ago

Popular News

  • Honourable Adedeji Dhikrullahi Olajide Odidiomo on Digital Security Technology

    Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman Awards Prizes At The Polytechnic Ibadan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Bishop Aladekugbe Warns Politicians Against Exploiting Oyo State School Abduction

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ekiti Senate Election Results: No Joy Yet for MOB, Adaramodu, Fasuyi!

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

ADVERTISEMENT

About Us

Reporters At Large is the world’s fastest-growing online news platform and public service broadcaster. We’re impartial and independent, and every day we create distinctive, world-class programmes and content which inform, educate and entertain millions of people in Nigeria and around the world.

With a high level of professionalism, fairness, objectivity, accuracy and speed, we publish Breaking News Nigeria Today Headlines and International news on Politics, Tourism and Travel, Entertainment, Sports, Business Lifestyle and Sports.

Category

  • Auto Trend
  • Breaking Bones
  • Business
  • Columns
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • For The Record
  • Health
  • Innovation
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Events
  • Politics
  • Press Releases
  • Science & Technology
  • Sponsored
  • Sport
  • Tourism & Culture
  • Video
  • Video News
  • World News

Recent Posts

  • Makinde Signs Executive Order On Oyo State Security Regulation May 20, 2026
  • Bishop Aladekugbe Warns Politicians Against Exploiting Oyo State School Abduction May 20, 2026
  • Oyo NUJ Chairman Awards Prizes At The Polytechnic Ibadan May 20, 2026
  • Ekiti Senate Election Results: No Joy Yet for MOB, Adaramodu, Fasuyi! May 20, 2026
  • Oyo School Kidnapping: Hon Olajide Demands Digital Security Technology To Crush Criminal Networks May 20, 2026
May 2026
S M T W T F S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Apr    
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
  • RAL TV
  • More

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • World
    • For The Record
    • Metro
    • Opinion
    • Press Releases
  • Business
    • Auto Trend
  • Politics
  • Tourism
  • Lifestyle
    • People & Events
    • Health
  • RAL TV
    • Video
    • Video News
  • More
    • Advertisement
    • Privacy
    • Disclaimer
    • Contact Us

© 2016-2026 RAL - Guided by professionalism

Verified by MonsterInsights